Notices

That's it

Old 03-03-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

That's it

Hello everyone,

I was a member on this site years ago and closed my account and continued to drink excessively.
Not that it matters too much but Im a mid twenties female... I think I knew drinking was a problem when I was just 17.
After going through a break up last year my parents allowed me to come and live with them to help me out and allow me to save money to eventually move back out into my own place. This is when my drinking hit an all time high.... and while I did accomplish things at work and met new people who dont drink.... I continued to get wasted nearly every night and on my days off I would just stay in bed and get hammered. My parents are not oblivious to this and last year tried several times to tell me to clean up my act.....
This brings us to last night. They sat me down and told me this is it or I need to find someplace else to live. My dad struggled with alcohol when he was younger as well and said he needed me to find an AA meeting and that hed come with me every week.

While this has been embarrassing and Im not proud of my behaviour I have to be thankful that my parents are helping me and care about me enough to do this for me.

While Im not religious in any way I'm willing to have an open mind with AA... but honestly and truely i think going to therapy would benefit me more, as a lot of this has to do with the fact that I have a very hard time talking about my issues.

A long first post, but feels good to put it out there.

I want to be here this time, I want to take this seriously this time. I want to enjoy my time here on the earth, and I want to remember it.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome back, KyloTiel; nice to meet you.

Hope that the support, understanding and encouragement that you find here will help you to achieve lasting sobriety and full recovery.

You are beautifully young; an amazing life awaits you; start writing the new chapters of your life today.

I'll post a few links for you in a minute that you may find interesting and helpful.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Kylo Tiel welcome to SR. I admire the fact you realise you have a problem with so much left of your life.

I didn't go to AA but used this site, which worked for me, I learnt a lot, kept close and it was good to speak to like minded people.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Here are the links, KyloTiel:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-112-a.html

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ass+March+2016

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...highlight=psst
Old 03-03-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

The first step is always the hardest. Admitting you have a problem with drinking.
Are you willing to take the necessary foot work to change it?
Old 03-03-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome back Kylo. I think it's very significant that you are making the statement here publicly, and especially important that you are open to try anythng to make this work. There's nothing to say you cannot try therapy AND AA and see what works better for you. I persobally find therapy to be beneficial not just for sobriety, but my life and mental health in general.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome back! It sounds like you have a good support system in your parents which is a great start! I wish i could turn back time and sober up (and go to therapy) at your age. Good for you, you can do this
Old 03-03-2016, 11:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome back and best wishes to you on your journey!
Old 03-03-2016, 11:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
The first step is always the hardest. Admitting you have a problem with drinking.
Are you willing to take the necessary foot work to change it?
I am willing and I will do my absolute best.
Old 03-03-2016, 12:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thankyou guys
Old 03-03-2016, 12:50 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back! I hope the support here and at AA can help you get sober for good.