Notices

All recovery meetings

Old 03-04-2016, 10:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Never mind, I think I sorted it, thanks. This is the 1st forum I've ever joined.
Old 03-04-2016, 11:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Just go here, a new class is started every month. All you need to do to join one is start posting. There are weekender threads and others too Newcomer's Daily Support Threads - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Awesome, thanks for that
Old 03-04-2016, 12:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

There are many websites that offer free recorded guided meditations and dharma talks. Audio dharma . org is one. Buddhist recovery . org is another valuable one. Refuge Recovery is a program based upon Buddhism. May you find your path.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I've started reading the rational recovery book and it's giving me a lot hope. It's makes so much more sense then approaches I've been taught in the past. Wish I had discovered it and sober recovery 15 years ago when I 1st tried getting sober. I now have a plan of sobriety. Thank you for all the advice and support I've received here
Old 03-05-2016, 06:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rmz250 View Post
I have been to more than several different AA meetings as well as NA meetings. I find the people very nice and supportive. I have also learnt a lot there and find some things useful. The
problem is I feel like an outsider because I can't relate and don't believe in there philosophy. I'm not powerless, I don't have a disease, I'm not fundamentally different from "normal people" , I'm not physically allergic to alcohol or drugs and I believe that identifying myself as a powerless alcoholic is self defeating and keep me from growing and overcoming my problems.
Yeah, RMZ. I feel ya.
I agree with all of the above, especially the powerless bit.
I've always been responsible for my failures AND triumph! 😊
Still oddly attracted to a couple meetings.
I like and you might enjoy Allen Carr's Easy Way to Quit Drinking. It actually was pretty, well, easy. So far at least!
Holly.🎋