Notices

anxiety about withdrawal

Old 02-29-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by deos68 View Post
Anyone ever had reverse tolerance ?
For a long time I was drinking 6 to 8 beers nightly 6 would be the buzzing phase and 8 would be I couldn't tell apart my own my elbow from as*

Then little by little 7 beers Then 6 then 5 and now 4 is my hammered phase
And 3 is my buzzing

I got my liver and other organs checked and everything is fine

No weight changes same eating habit
I thought that was a bit strange
No, but I know this is a sign of alcoholism.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Anyone ever had reverse tolerance ?
For a long time I was drinking 6 to 8 beers nightly 6 would be the buzzing phase and 8 would be I couldn't tell apart my own my elbow from as*

Then little by little 7 beers Then 6 then 5 and now 4 is my hammered phase And 3 is my buzzing
Yes, this is common ( decreasing tolerence ). It's a cry for help from your body and and a clear sign that your alcholism is progressing, and not for the better. Your liver may be fine now, but don't assume it will stay that way if you continue drinking.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:46 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I didn't want to start a new thread so will post it here. I too am freaking about this which has probably remained my one reason to keep on drinking.. Well in my current state of being I literally have no means to get some (money taken, no car, and being monitored like a hawk by my sister). So yes that's good.

Tonight will be night 1 and I am worried and know all the risks. I was given Lorazopram for the censures and to calm me. Any one have any experience with this drug and how it helped or did not? I am on a ton other stuff as well... I have never ceizured, or had the shakes, just a lot of panic and anxiety after a binge.

Thanks
Old 02-29-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TrapezeFreak View Post
I didn't want to start a new thread so will post it here. I too am freaking about this which has probably remained my one reason to keep on drinking.. Well in my current state of being I literally have no means to get some (money taken, no car, and being monitored like a hawk by my sister). So yes that's good.

Tonight will be night 1 and I am worried and know all the risks. I was given Lorazopram for the censures and to calm me. Any one have any experience with this drug and how it helped or did not? I am on a ton other stuff as well... I have never ceizured, or had the shakes, just a lot of panic and anxiety after a binge.

Thanks
i have plenty of exp with ativan same thing diff name and it does work a treat will def help with the anxiety and panic, it is also given to people who exp seizures on a regular basis due to its anti convulsion properties

if you take enough it can very well feel as if you are drunk

how often are you drinking daily?
ps i would tell your sister to keep an eye out on you and to monitor your blood pressure
Old 02-29-2016, 03:32 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I was a vodka guy and a 5th a night was not too uncommon. Usually it was little less to assure had enough for nip or two in the morning. Yesterday I am not even sure how much and ended up in the ER. They sent me home with those meds but I know I hadve to be aware I can end up back there. Right now this stuff seems to just be me making exhausted more than anything else.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
zjw

I was a vodka guy and a 5th a night was not too uncommon. Usually it was little less to assure had enough for nip or two in the morning. Yesterday I am not even sure how much and ended up in the ER. They sent me home with those meds but I know I hadve to be aware I can end up back there. Right now this stuff seems to just be me making exhausted more than anything else.
my advice to both of you is not to be afraid. But be ready to go to an ER if things get sketchy and know that it'll be ok it'll work out and its for the best.

Sobering up from booze isnt something to take lightly. Read up on what can happen etc.. that way if you feel something is amiss even slightly you can know hey maybe I should hit the ER etc... I'd say for the first week or so pay close attention.

But in the end if you sober up and such it will all work out for the bst it might just be tough getting over the hump is all but worth it.
Old 02-29-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zjw View Post
my advice to both of you is not to be afraid. But be ready to go to an ER if things get sketchy and know that it'll be ok it'll work out and its for the best.

Sobering up from booze isnt something to take lightly. Read up on what can happen etc.. that way if you feel something is amiss even slightly you can know hey maybe I should hit the ER etc... I'd say for the first week or so pay close attention.

But in the end if you sober up and such it will all work out for the bst it might just be tough getting over the hump is all but worth it.
maybe i left out some info i did go into detox before
after my first six months of a crazy binge, so a year ago
i was drinking a 12 pack a day from lunch until i passed out everyday pretty much
ended up going to a detox without saying anything to anyone except my mom

but i remember i was given vitamins b12,folic acid, thiamine and i assume klonopin or diazepam maybe even librium i didnt ask lol
if i remember correctly it was 4 doses a day of vitamins and the med
then they lowered the med every day after that until the 7th day i only had vitamins
i was in a crazy dream like state but still very functional

it was crazy i remember not sleeping the first night but after i mentioned it i got more meds and after that i was fine
i even told the nurse that i felt "normal" while people around me in detox for alcohol appeared to visiting hell and they pretty much wrote it off
they also checked my blood pressure every hour on the hour

wonder if we can apply the same scenario at home?
Old 02-29-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Well I kind of am doing that. I've been in a detox as well just for whatever reason can't get myself to do it right now, although I may end up there who knows. I've always been on the vitamins for years now. However I also take stuff for depression, and anxiety. Now adding this Lorazzepam into the mix for a five day wean. Just praying I can rest tonight. Good luck to you too man.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Deos68 how did it go last night? I was able to sleep with no major issues. I'm a little anxious today but am feeling ok overall I guess. Got to a meeting made a bunch a calls and no damn place will let me do outpatient. I am having a hard time coming to terms with getting into inpatient right now with other aspects of my life. However, first goal is today (and tonight which I am concerned about) and the next and so on. I figure if I can get a week in and off the benzo's and stay clean that'll be a real big step in the right direction. Meaning I should be past the physical WD's. Good luck.

TF
Old 03-01-2016, 02:52 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Deos68 how did it go last night? I was able to sleep with no major issues. I'm a little anxious today but am feeling ok overall I guess. Got to a meeting made a bunch a calls and no damn place will let me do outpatient. I am having a hard time coming to terms with getting into inpatient right now with other aspects of my life. However, first goal is today (and tonight which I am concerned about) and the next and so on. I figure if I can get a week in and off the benzo's and stay clean that'll be a real big step in the right direction. Meaning I should be past the physical WD's. Good luck.

TF
decided to taper last night i went down to 2.5 beers
i pretty much waited until i was ready to call it a night drank my beer and fell asleep and actually stayed asleep which is surprising
today i felt good not much anxiety today bit of a foggyness BP good its been stable around 115/65 HR around 65-70 bpm but overall good and i even took a few naps today which sounds bad but its great as this time last month i would go into panic if i tried to take a nap during the day
plus my hunger has increased
hopefully tonight 1.5 beers or even 2 then by tomorrow just quit all together

yeah i cant do any type of detox as i cant afford it and the funny thing is my insurance will cover a detox but will drop me afterwards
i already checked and the insurance rep told me straight up what was gonna happen if i went to detox and used my insurance

yeah you can safely use a benzo for a weeks worth then get off no prob
maybe some rebound anxiety if any but itll quickly go away
last time i did that it lasted 2 days well more like a day and a half

sounds like a plan though brother
im already past the recreational aspect of drinking
when my father got some bad news because of his drinking it truly opened my eyes
plus drinking got boring i no longer get any "fun times" with it anymore
ive mainly been drinking because of the fear of WD and it does help as a sleep aid well it helps with sedation
Old 03-01-2016, 04:20 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
zjw

I think you got an ok plan I tapered myself and just kept an eye on how I felt
Old 03-01-2016, 07:27 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Good luck with the taper. I have never gone the route cause I had no faith I could pull it off. Just trying to get through the night then we will worry about tomorrow. Even got through going over to see my wife which immediately was a trigger, but the kids were all good and happy to sad. They know I am "sick," just not sure why. I know they will someday but right now they still love and miss me and need me and that is helping to keep me going.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:43 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

yeah you can safely use a benzo for a weeks worth then get off no prob
Sharing personal experiences is fine but the above comment borders very closely on medical advice to others...let's all please remember the difference between the two. ( personal experience vs. medical advice ) I hope both of you are detoxing safely and seeking help if you need it, it's better to be safe than sorry.
Old 03-02-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Sharing personal experiences is fine but the above comment borders very closely on medical advice to others...let's all please remember the difference between the two. ( personal experience vs. medical advice ) I hope both of you are detoxing safely and seeking help if you need it, it's better to be safe than sorry.
i apologize i base that off of my own exp
and given that the majority of all in patient alcohol detox is based around a benzo although variations of the benzo varies from place to place and the dose size for each individual is different
but a benzo regimen is usually administrated 7 days worth

but yes consult a doc first

*update
i cant for the life of me lower my intake below 2 beers im having hellish anxiety, but i am fully functional through out the day now as i wasnt before ......this isnt easy

guess my next option is to take ativan tomorrow night and keep a steady schedule and hope for the best.....to anyone that is wanting to detox and has a mean to access a in patient detox center please consider it and dont look back

im so close to letting go of my insurance for sobriety
Old 03-25-2016, 03:06 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

*update if anyone cares yes i drank my normal from my last post until this past sunday
for this past week ive been drinking less and less
sunday/4 beers
monday/3 beers
tuesday/2.5 beers
weds/2 beers now this day i felt good not great little anxiety which was a bonus
thurs/2 beers i felt great i even drove which i havent done in awhile due to anxiety i even went out to dinner and again little anxiety
friday today i felt horrible, super dizzy, headache, nauseous, anxiety through the roof
monday through weds night i had crazy insomnia and vivid dreaming nothing crazy up until thursday crazy heart palps but in the end managed to get sleep

anyone else exp feeling great with the taper then all of a sudden
feel horrible? or is that my gaba receptors are trying to cope with the change in alcohol intake?
i know i should ct but the anxiety is getting the best of me
Old 03-25-2016, 04:36 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

For what I hope is the last time, we can't give you medical advice here Deos.

Withdrawals nothing to play around with.

you're far better off working on this with someone who knows what their doing.

If you can't taper to zero without having to drink more to stop feeling bad, you need outside help.

If you're feeling unwell, please see a Dr.

D
Old 03-25-2016, 04:43 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
For what I hope is the last time, we can't give you medical advice here Deos.

Withdrawals nothing to play around with.

you're far better off working on this with someone who knows what their doing.

If you can't taper to zero without having to drink more to stop feeling bad, you need outside help.

If you're feeling unwell, please see a Dr.

D
sorry it was brought to my attention about medical advice ill re write what i wrote

just asking if anyone has had this exp and looking for someone to share their exp with me but if that isnt allowed ill delete what i wrote
Old 03-25-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

oops misfire