Notices

60 and still drinking

Old 02-24-2016, 12:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I am being a major couch potato today, staring at tv; and on facebook. I am reflecting on my past, and trying to put myself in the mindset of getting sober. So far, not drinking, for 3 days; out of ambien, but still taking 1mg of Xanax. I Iam only supposed to take .25 3xs a day. So, I run out early always. I know I won't be able to sleep for awhile. Blizzard warnings today, no sun, sad.
Old 02-24-2016, 12:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks. I have been in rehab several times over the years. I know I am in denial, and need to do whatever it takes, but It is so difficult to find a good support system. I went to counseling for 1 1/2 years and the therapist started talking about her problems and showing me pictures of her cat!! UGH. I don't want to go to another Dr., and have them prescribe trazadone , Seroquel, etc. I also take sertraline 150 mg. I have a love/hate with chemicals. Complaining here, I know. Venting mostly.
Old 02-24-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hang in there, Enabler--and maybe shake it up a little--could you call a friend, or cook a meal, or put on some music and sing and dance? Move the energy a bit?

I know it is hard to exercise in this weather but there is SO much free stuff available on youtube now--Jessica Smith has some great short workouts, or Yoga by Adrienne is also great. Moving and sweating helps a LOT, even for only a few minutes.

You can do this!