Notices

I'm Just Living Life...

Old 03-09-2016, 06:56 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HighDraw18 View Post
Hi All,

I wanted to start a thread that I could use as sort of a running journal for my thoughts. I don't mind if no one reads - this is more for me as a place to put my thoughts on paper.

Mentioned in my other thread but quick overview is that I drank alcohol on a daily basis 5 years ago and cut way back, including many extended stretches of abstinence. I've made a lot of positive changes in my life since, but I still struggle with binge drinking when I do decide to drink so I am looking to cut out alcohol (tobacco and drugs as well) completely and live a more positive life.

I have the day off from work for Presidents Day, but it is freezing outside and going to snow later, sigh, I hate winter. I think I have always suffered from some slight seasonal depression.

I was reading a bunch of stuff posted here by a user that seemed to be active from 2008-2012 and for whatever reason was completely moved by her story. I have nothing in common with the individual: she was a mid-30s single mom of 3 from the UK and I'm a 26 year old single guy from the US, but I felt her pain and honestly, I find myself hoping that she made it. I couldn't find any update on SR and she was last active in 2015...but I hope she's okay.

Strange thoughts on a grey, February morning but feel solid in sobriety.
I feel the same way about this site. Sometimes just getting things out is helpful. Look forward to more posts from you.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:58 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. I hope all is well.

Weather here has been great lately - it got up to 72 degrees yesterday, which is unheard of for early March where I live. The extended forecast indicates that we won't see any more temps below freezing and that's awesome. I hate winter - I find it slightly depressing.

On a different front, I had an interview last week with a really good company and I am supposed to hear back by the end of this week. I'm really hoping that this opportunity works out - I'm grateful for my current job but I just feel like I need a change.

I feel solid about not drinking. I have sober plans set up for the bulk of this weekend so I should be good there. I'm still using tobacco but I'm okay with that for now. I can cross that bridge a bit further down the line.

That's it on my end guys - thanks for reading.
Old 03-11-2016, 06:16 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Another sober Friday - watching some basketball and golf. I'm grateful that I'll wake up fresh tomorrow, ready to go. I'll be able to enjoy the good weather instead of wasting the day away being hungover.

Hope everybody is enjoying their Friday.
Old 03-14-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Rainy and cold today...yuck! Wish I lived in a place that was hot and sunny 365 days a year. Conversely, I saw a thread where somebody hated the hotter weather haha - different strokes for different folks I suppose.

I had another weekend sober. Played a lot of golf and watched a lot of basketball, which is all good.

I do wonder about how I'll be able to meet girls staying sober. Not that I was killing it, but at least being out, the opportunity to meet someone was there. Oh well, I'm not really stressing about it. I'm sure it'll work out.

Let's have a good day everybody.
Old 03-14-2016, 06:40 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have a great day HighDraw
Old 03-18-2016, 03:09 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

St. Patrick's day yesterday and all of my friends were heading out - I passed without issue. I got a haircut after work and watched the NCAA tourney when I got home. Definitely feel good about that decision - can only imagine how horrible it would feel to be hungover right now!

I have a relatively light day today (just 2 meetings) and It's Friday!!! I'm ready for another relaxing, sober weekend.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Do your best

#SoberFridaysRock
Old 03-18-2016, 03:51 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going HighDraw

D
Old 03-18-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

So glad to see you're doing great, High Draw!

Don't worry, there are plenty of women in the world who would be thrilled to find a sober beau. Just don't look for girls instead, and you'll be off to a good start.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:27 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Made it through Friday and Saturday night. Enjoying a hangover free morning here on Sunday and going to play a little golf later.

Thanks for reading guys.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:29 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Fantastic, HD!
Is that three weekends in a row now?
Old 03-20-2016, 03:26 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Obladi View Post
Fantastic, HD!
Is that three weekends in a row now?
Yep Obladi, three weekends down. Feels good.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:55 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

HighFive!
Old 03-21-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

HighFive!
Back at ya, O!
Old 03-23-2016, 06:15 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Another sober night here guys...coming up on a month this weekend.

Some stress with work related stuff lately. At my current job, my group was downsized so everyone is swamped trying to pick up the slack. I'm also in the midst of interviewing, which has its ups and downs. Close on a couple of things - both are great opportunities so I really hope one of them pans out (fingers crossed!!!).

The waiting is the hardest part for me. I always want things to happen right this second and I'd rather have zero action than slow action. My anxiety rises when I have to wait for things and my mind rolls through all the possible ways that something could go wrong. Oh well, I guess I need to work on my patience.

Thanks for reading guys.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:43 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Good for you, High Draw.

It's great that you are recognizing things that make you antsy. You could work on patience or maybe you could think of things to "do" instead of being impatient? Play solitaire, go for a walk, put together your train set (I hear men have those), learn to meditate?

Just an idea.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

p.s. Watch out for that "I made it a month (or any other significant amount of time)" trap. It's a sneaky one.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:01 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good for you, High Draw.

It's great that you are recognizing things that make you antsy. You could work on patience or maybe you could think of things to "do" instead of being impatient? Play solitaire, go for a walk, put together your train set (I hear men have those), learn to meditate?

Just an idea.
Haha O, I don't have a train set. I hope they don't revoke my man card!

Thanks for the early morning laugh. I hear ya on trying to distract myself...that makes sense.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:30 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Happy sober Friday Night everybody!
Old 03-27-2016, 03:29 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

1 month yesterday - feels good.