Notices

Dang! Wish I'd got drunk last night!

Old 02-06-2016, 10:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dang! Wish I'd got drunk last night!

Said no one ever! Have they? I didn't either this morning, thankfully.

I've been quit (again) since December 16th and have been going along pretty well until the last couple days. Yesterday we found out my wife's cousin's teenage girl has pretty much lost her battle with cancer and is now on home hospice. My AV thought that was the perfect excuse to start drinking again. I was out shopping for other stuff and was just about to give in mentally when I remembered the quote in the thread title. I started googling "What happens to your body when you drink alcohol" and "What happens to your body when you quit drinking alcohol". After reading for a few minutes, my resolve was restored and I felt more at peace with my quit than I have in awhile.

I've also been eating more and have gained some weight I'd previously lost doing Weight Watchers (yes, you can actually lose weight while drinking but it's pretty stupid). I've decided I'll continue a little longer on the not worrying too much about the eating part.

I've been reading Dee's post about choosing a recovery plan. Still haven't got a formal one yet except to reeducate myself on alcohol, and come here almost everyday and if not post, read what others have to say. I also plan on stepping up my activity/fitness level in the very near future as well as getting back to weight watchers.

So, anyway, it's a terribly sad time for our family but I realize that drinking ain't going to do any good. Hope you all have a happy and sober weekend. BJ
Old 02-06-2016, 11:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Having a plan is vital imo
Old 02-06-2016, 12:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Not drinking, educating yourself on addiction and online support seem like a plan to me. Not drinking being the most important part.
Stick with it!
Old 02-06-2016, 12:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

BJ,

I am so sorry. Watching a child die is something no-one should have to endure. But your cousin has no choice, so be there.

If you have a chance, read MIRRecovery's posts about losing his beloved daughter to cancer sober.

Very moving and inspirational. Amazing man.

Honour yourself and her by doing this sober.

And isn't the AV just a total **** to try and use this tragedy to destroy another life?

You can't let an ******* like that win.

Kick it to the curb.

Be there for your cousin and her daughter.

Lean on us.