Notices

Cravings

Old 09-17-2004, 01:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I felt like I was hit by a baseball bat

I'd be sitting or standing somewhere and out of the blue--whomp--a killer desire to drink. An almost urgent panic driven obsession. I white knuckled a few, but then got a little guidance. I immediatly asked God (insert your HP here) to releive the obsession. Once I asked to relieve the %^$%^@%ing obsession. You know he did. The hard part is remembering to do this when the sickness hits. That is why I try to be spiritual all the time. To be on guard for the alcohol bats.

This is why if i am sitting watching TV reruns and a meeting is going on, I try to get up and go--even if I don;t need it. I'm trying to fill the spiritual emergency kit up.

Today I celebrate 60 days sober. This is a true miracle. Me, Meg hasn;t had a drink in that long. Wow. I am going to grow old in this program one day at a time with my friends, and make about a million more along the way.

When the squirrels are chewing on your brain, and it is real. Try to have a mantra--Don't Drink, Go to meetings and pray.

PS these feelings helped me with the first step too. Apparently non alki's don;t get these "attacks"..

Love

Meg
Old 09-17-2004, 01:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Old and in the Way

When the squirrels are chewing on your brain...
Thanks Meg - Great analogy. That's one of the best descriptions I've heard of how it feels. Congratulations on the 60 days, and thanks also for the good advice.

Joe
Old 09-17-2004, 01:29 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Never Never Never feel bad about a craving. It's a part of what we are. Doens't mean you're not doing it right. My sponsor said to me.

Something I tell my son, If it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

Last edited by MegH33; 09-17-2004 at 07:39 PM.
Old 09-17-2004, 08:17 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Brookie
You should see what I can do with a nice fresh mahi-mahi.
I had that fish a few times. Awesome!

Meg, Hello! and Congrats on 60 days!