Notices

Freshly Sober And Getting On With Life! :-)

Old 03-28-2016, 10:27 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

SW - What did you do to that dog in your avatar?! LOL!!!

Today's agenda is a little punchlist of mostly administrivia. And I just finished!!

On today's list was the task to start my "countdown" thread and, of course, it's already received one quite negative post. This is a dynamic I know very well; my own family responds to enthusiasm, dreams, and successes by naysaying them, predicting their failure, looking for the dark side, etc. It is a very, very real thing that happens in the world.

Join me for a laugh here: If you were to dine with my family, and casually mention that you'd received a promotion at work, my father would reply "I guess that's okay, if you're the kind of person who doesn't have anything else to do with their time except work 18 hours a day. For me, no thanks. I have a life and I like it that way."

So, I'll be sure to keep the following additional good news confined to this thread only: It seems the stall in my weight loss has broken. After about 10 days of NO loss, the needle is finally moving again. Know what I think broke it? I ate a pastry. My body needed the sugar.

My date with the engineer last night was better than I thought. Yes, he's a little prim and proper for my taste, but he was at least quite sane and I'd consider seeing him again. You can't really get a feeling for someone's personality on just one meeting, after all.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:43 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Hey, friends. I'm afraid I'm getting into a squabble with a moderator here and that's not part of my "recovery plan," so this will be my final post in this thread.

My plan is to pursue and complete my Florida R.E. license and use that to enhance my career...in a way that may very well give me a relocation opportunity in the next year or two.

Alcohol addiction was a nasty, nasty life experience. And I am so very relieved that the suffering of that is behind me. It literally feels like a gift from God, and I hope to make it worth His while. I'd especially like to pay it forward to others I know, because I do know people who are struggling and on the fence. Perhaps the right word, at the right time, can help tip them in the right direction. I'd sure love to see my father become sober, for instance, if that's in the cards.

As I mentioned over the last few days, it was time to start transitioning in any case so maybe this is just fate's way of letting me know now, not in 14 days, is the proper timing.

I do admit that as I've felt better, I've found myself drawn more toward sober life and sober people. There are fewer threads I feel I can relate to, and I definitely sense that fewer members are relating to me, or enjoying my posts. And of course, I don't want to share thoughts and feelings that discourage other people.

Keep me in prayer, and I'll keep you in prayer as well. I truly believe recovery is our destiny. It's going to come in its own time for all of us. Some soon, some later, some easy, some hard. But it will come, and our job is to just stay on the horse until it does.

Take care!
Old 03-29-2016, 07:22 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

SIS - I am sorry that you feel like you're story or your way of getting sober is unwelcome. I for one am very thankful for your journey. It is through you that I found more info about Amino Acid Therapy. Although I was on my journey for healing and stumbled on AAT via my dr. It was so nice to converse with an actual person who had been through it.

I just got home last night from an 8 day IV Amino Acid Therapy round. It was coupled with all that SIS mentioned in her AAT "blog" here on SR. It was, is and will be coupled with INTENSE counseling. They recommend meetings (whether it be CR, Smart, AA or whatever is your "fit". I have daily "tasks" to complete to keep myself on track and my head in the right place. This includes daily devotionals, journaling and accountability. I have a "network" in place of people to call or things to do should I need to utilize that.

I am only home for my first day - I was very worried about coming back in to my old environment where all of my "triggers" are. So far I'm more worried about worrying about this.

There are many different ways, avenues and tools to get ourselves where we need to be to live a happy, healthy life. Recovery is not a "one size fits all." What works for x may not work for y or z. After much studying, research and discussion - I too chose Amino Acid Therapy as the road that I took. So far, I feel amazing. This is not to be said that outside work, internal work, a personal inventory does not go along side by side with AAT. It 100% does. At least initially.

I had found out about AAT from my family Dr. He gave me the name of 2 doctors in California that did this. Being the analytical person that I am I had to do my own research. I spoke extensively with 4 facilities. 2 in California, one in NY and another in Georgia. I felt that the one in Georgia was the best fit for "ME". It was and I know that I was meant to be where I was over the last 8 days. I had a hard time being gone over Easter, missing family events etc. But as you reminded me SIS, Easter is about rebirth and resurrection. I have to say that this was a VERY powerful week for me mentally, physically and most important spiritually.

I meant to journal this to post on SR. I envisioned myself sitting hooked up to an IV all day and having the time to do so. That was NOT the case. The IV"s were accompanied by laser therapy, sleep therapy, lymphatic detox, muscular detox, hyperbaric chamber sessions, daily counseling, journaling and bible lessons and I simply did not have the time to write this all down.

I hope in the next few days as I get back into life with all of the tools that I've brought home with me that I can do as SIS did and put together a journal of what I did. Thank you SIS for sharing your story. It for sure has helped me and it nice to have another "tool" in my tool belt in your friendship and understanding of where we've been. We all have to find our own way to recovery. That may be kicking, scratching, clawing our way to sobriety. Amino Acid Therapy was the road that I too took and I'm so very glad that I did. I hope to write more about my journey in the coming days.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

SIS I too have always valued, and continue to value, your upbeat, refreshing and always optimistic take on life and our struggles. You have helped a lot of people here. Be healthy, be happy. Fab xxxxxx
Old 03-29-2016, 11:36 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

SoberinSyracuse,
I'm only in day 2 of my thousands of tries and fails, but I really think it couldn't hurt to think of a few things. I'll keep it simple:
1.stay sober
2.get a good nights sleep
3. Do the best at my job ( which also takes care of the fitness )
4. Take care of my body and allow it to recover what I've deprived it off.
.... And gardening of course, I want this years garden to be the best yet
Old 03-29-2016, 12:10 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

SIS - I LOVE reading your posts. I wish you'd keep it up. Do you feel as good as when you got out? Do u have any cravings? Can you expand again more please. How long were you there? I think u said insurance didn't cover ? Can u say how much OOP costs were. I think you went to GA also? I've been bad enough but my son needs help. Thanks much.

Callie - if you start a thread I'd love to follow it. Hope I can find it! Good for you!

Olivia