Notices

Apple cider, a problem?

Old 01-30-2016, 12:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Apple cider, a problem?

I just realized, on sober day two, as I poured a jug of apple cider it had fermented. I drank half.

I also remember my mom telling us my dad had bought cider and stored it in the fridge that way and we weren't allowed to touch it for months as kids.

I also remember being VERY young and feeling the fizzy cider and thinking "this is fun" and that dads cider was always a fun treat.

So weird that I just made this connection now at 3AM. Was I getting bent at 5 years old? My mom and dad are major alcoholics.
Old 01-30-2016, 04:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In Belgium, it depends on the cider.

We have soft cider and hard cider.

Hard cider tastes really different, not as sweet mainly, and has about 3 percent alcohol.

Now heres my AV saying, maybe a little cider won't hurt....

Really???
Old 01-30-2016, 05:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wouldn't drink it, it's a very fine line for me. Too close in fermentation properties to my alcoholic drink of choice beer. Maybe it had no or little alcohol but I would still be concerned the same way I don't drink NA Beer because it's too similar to the real thing for me to take the risk. It might trick my brain into craving an actual beer.
Old 01-30-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I wouldn`t drink it either. If it`s apple juice make it a double for me. However, if something has been done to make it "hard" juice (or cider) I`ll pass.

What Apple Cider Isn't

While the labeling of apple cider and apple juice may be confusing, here's what they aren't. Outside the United States, cider usually refers to a fermented, alcoholic beverage. It's what Americans call hard cider.
What's the Difference Between Apple Cider and Apple Juice? ? Word of Mouth | The Kitchn