Notices

feeling extremely exhausted,can't sleep.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling extremely exhausted,can't sleep.

im back into sobriety after a short relapse and the second time around is way worse,I been feeling really tired,my bedtime before relapsing was usually around1,2 oclock in the morning and I'll still wake up tired but around 12 noon im not so tired,for the first time ever in my life since I been sober the second time,(not the first time I got sober)I been really tired even my eyes have swelled and they hurt and I even go to bed early around 9/10 oclock and Itake a 5 mg mmelatonin sleep aid and still wake up very tired,I feel like im sleep/woke,I put my.son to sleep for a nap around 11 and I can never fall asleep,my eyes be watery,heavy and sleepy but my brain feels like its still alert while my body is crashing,has anyone experienced this,any advice on how I can overcome this exhaustion?
Old 01-29-2016, 02:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Rest, your body mind & soul will need time to recover

Have you considered updating a plan of action ?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ful-links.html
Old 01-29-2016, 02:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds rough.

Any chance of seeing a doctor if it persists??

Might be able to give you some other help in doing this thing.

I remember those days with a little one.

great that you are getting sober to enjoy it -- goes by so fast.
Old 01-29-2016, 03:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
You can have reasons, or you can have results, but you can't have both.

Yes, I've been that sleep deprived before. Get your circadian rhythm aligned if you can. Get up when it's light and lay down when it's dark. Drink plenty of water (yes, this is related to sleep). Avoid caffeine. Do a little tiny bit of light exercise, like stretching, in the early afternoon. Have a hot bath (preferred) or shower before bed. The drop in your body temperature afterward simulates sleep onset.

And see your doc!
Old 02-01-2016, 01:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Do you snore? Have you ever been tested for sleep apnea? It's worsened by drinking, but plenty of people experience it without drinking as well. I got myself tested and got a breathing machine for at night and I'm still working on feeling more rested, but I was at the point where I was getting drowsy at the wheel, dead sober, on a "full night's" sleep.

Ask your doctor, they'll usually ask you a questionnaire, pass that through an insurance approval, and then you can get an at-home test kit to see if you're stopping breathing while you sleep.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sobriety26 Hang in there,

I'm on day 3 and as expected ( from relapse experience ) my brain and body are re-adjusting and my sleep patterns will be suffering for a week or so, therefore another reason for me to stay sober, because this sleepless cycle get worse and worse every time I slip up.

Cheers
Old 02-02-2016, 06:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Rough it out. I'm on day 29 after an 18 month relapse. I still feel like my biorhythms are screwy. I've also dropped weight rapidly, which I'm sure has something to do with my exhaustion.
Morning caffeine shouldn't be a problem, but to be safe, I say avoid any caffeine after 2 pm. If you're going to have caffeine, stick with coffee or tea. Energy drinks will make you crash very hard.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks guys for your opinions!!!