# 122 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Hey bud
Hey Soberwolf....

Still hanging in there are you?
Old 05-23-2016, 11:28 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Intro, weekends were tough for me too at first. After all, those were the two days of the week that I could start early (often by 9 or 10 am, sometimes even earlier!) and not have to worry about anything (other than to make sure I had enough beer). Now, my weekends are so full of sober pursuits, that I can't imagine wasting them getting wasted. Give it time, you'll see.
Old 05-23-2016, 01:03 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Do your best

Yes doing ok Intro done some decorating over the weekend looks good

I'm off to bed now but spk soon brother
Old 05-23-2016, 02:53 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing. It's inspiring to hear that, despite how hard it can be, there is a good chance of becoming sober without the requirement to do the AA route.
By no means am I discrediting AA.. I've tried to attend & seek help there, I just don't think that is for me. Knowing that there is hope to become sober just on will and strong self-control is so very comforting.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:13 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Everybody's talking about drinking beer this holiday weekend......Its supposed to be a day of Memorial for those Service Members who gave the ultimate sacrifice....

Nonetheless, there'll be BBQs and festivities going on throughout the Nation. My neighborhood will be no different. It's gonna really be difficult for me to abstain from the hype of the drinking culture.

I'm pretty sure my resolve will remain intact, but it won't be easy.....Uuugghh!
Old 05-27-2016, 04:42 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd remember what the weekend is really about...you'll be ok Introvrtd

D
Old 05-27-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Anxiety is common

Originally Posted by Introvrtd1 View Post
Hi,

My first day of sobriety was on Dec 14, 2015...... Haven't had any alcohol since then....The withdrawal was difficult and the insomnia was worse...

Im already posting in the 'Anxiety' forum, because my daily journal of posts deal mostly with anxiety and related issues. Im hoping this phase of my recovery will pass soon, but looking at the posts of other members tells me I still have a long way to go.....

Some say 90, 180, 270 days, or even years before they get thru the phase of anxiety, depression, or some other abnormality in their life of sobriety....

It seems my body has a lot more tolook forward to in order to feel 'normal' again....I know that day will come...its just very different for everybody and I can't compare my situation to theirs...

I can only pray that I get there....
Thanks for reading....
Anxiety and insomnia is common in recovery, but I used to get it more when I was drinking. Try a herbal sleep aid; they are non adictive; some regular exercise like walking and posting whenever you feel bad. Help is always there and people are happy to listen.
Old 05-27-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Just piping in since I came across this thread....

I just hit 90 (today is Day 95) and will say that the anxiety (and horrible sleep issues- bad nightmares etc) have drastically improved. I would say a bit of an ebb and flow, but pretty "normalized" anxiety now (maybe like regular folks have ) Meds were mentioned 1x above and I will say that Seroquel (nightly) has helped me with both anxiety and sleep. While both are manageable now, for the most part, at this point I plan to continue taking it indefinitely/as needed (it is prescribed nightly, as needed). Perhaps something to consider.

Other physical and mental things have popped up between 60 and 90 moreso than in the first 60, mostly good; one noteable struggle for me is the sugar! I am giving myself till 100 to drastically cut back on all but natural kinds (fruit and such). The anxiety I do have is over concrete things- specifically old legal issues and old/current money issues- but I do my best not to let it overwhelm me as I plod through these since I know from experience that will lead me to ignoring them, letting them get even worse, etc and this is no bueno.

Hope you are well like you said to Dee!!
Old 05-27-2016, 05:48 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IanW View Post
Anxiety and insomnia is common in recovery, but I used to get it more when I was drinking. Try a herbal sleep aid; they are non adictive; some regular exercise like walking and posting whenever you feel bad. Help is always there and people are happy to listen.
Thanks Ian!

Its been over 5 months now! Things are way better. Looking back on my first post, I finally did hit a few milestones, but the journey remains to be a long one.

Intro
Old 05-27-2016, 05:51 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
Just piping in since I came across this thread....

I just hit 90 (today is Day 95) and will say that the anxiety (and horrible sleep issues- bad nightmares etc) have drastically improved. I would say a bit of an ebb and flow, but pretty "normalized" anxiety now (maybe like regular folks have ) Meds were mentioned 1x above and I will say that Seroquel (nightly) has helped me with both anxiety and sleep. While both are manageable now, for the most part, at this point I plan to continue taking it indefinitely/as needed (it is prescribed nightly, as needed). Perhaps something to consider.

Other physical and mental things have popped up between 60 and 90 moreso than in the first 60, mostly good; one noteable struggle for me is the sugar! I am giving myself till 100 to drastically cut back on all but natural kinds (fruit and such). The anxiety I do have is over concrete things- specifically old legal issues and old/current money issues- but I do my best not to let it overwhelm me as I plod through these since I know from experience that will lead me to ignoring them, letting them get even worse, etc and this is no bueno.

Hope you are well like you said to Dee!!
Thanks August!

I'm sure you'll improve over time. I've been there! Sobriety has done so much good for healths sake!

Let us continue the journey!

Intro
Old 05-27-2016, 03:57 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 95 August252015

D
Old 05-28-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Hope you have a great weekend, Intro!