Notices

I want to say thank you and goodbye

Old 01-16-2016, 05:09 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Been there done that, don't beat yourself up! Im an AA guy and our 3rd tradition says.

The only requirement for A.A. membership is a desire to stop drinking.

We'll always be here for you.. Get some rest and get up tomorrow and get back in the saddle!! One day at a time!! Don't ever give up! Wishing you the best!!
Old 01-16-2016, 05:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

You still have that 70 days Fabbat...just start again & build on that. Don't pull away from support now when you need it more than ever. Will be looking for you to post.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

No slinking allowed!
Did you think we'd let you leave that easily? I think most of us have had some false starts. You've made it 70 days once - you can do it again.
Old 01-16-2016, 05:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Venecia View Post
There's not a test involved to be part of SR, Fab.

Just a desire to give and receive support. Let SR give you the support you need right now.
^^^
Old 01-16-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Scary stuff, how it can just sneak up like that.

I remember more than once relapsing when I was having a great day, it was like the good feelings brought a craving on. It is baffling.

You didn't lose your 70 sober days, but I think now is the time you need this forum more than ever. You are surrounded by people here that understand.
The longer you slip back into it the harder it will be to stop again.
Old 01-16-2016, 06:52 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

(((((Fabat)))))

I completely agree with everyone; stay close to us! Please check in tomorrow, we will be here. This journey is one of progress, not perfection.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:05 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

If everyone who had an epic fail in sobriety left SR there would be no one here. I stopped drinking for 6 years only to fail for the next 4 years. I almost died but I made it back.

Please don't repeat my mistake. Pick yourself up and stick around
Old 01-16-2016, 07:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Now is the time to stick with SR and all the people here who truly care about you, Fabat, and want you to succeed.

Stick with us; stick with sobriety; make tomorrow your new day 1. You have already experienced so much goodness in sobriety but the best is yet to come.

You can do this, Fabat.

Sending you love.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:12 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Smile

Please don't go Fabat. Dee is right your post was as important as any gems we might find here. We have all relapsed and besides who is going to play "make a sentence" with me? "Baby please don't go......." Go to 5 letters and let's get a game going.
Old 01-16-2016, 07:19 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
learning to live

I hope you don't go Fabat.

We need you just as much as you need us.

Get back on the horse and choke today up as a stepping stone to get back on track
Old 01-16-2016, 07:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

don't, just DON'T go slinking away from the very support and connection that helped get you to day 70.

don't (my but i'm bossy today) let it spiral, if you can help it, and get over the idea that you need to be sober to get support.

hope to see you back real soon.
Old 01-16-2016, 08:28 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Awe come on. Don't do this.

I remember a post from you where people were misspelling your name. Was it something like they called you Fatat50 or something really funny! Then you explained your name....

YOU. ARE FABULOUS AT 50! And getting better every day!

You got 70 days in while I was still lurking around SR. I lurked since last April! Finally got up the nerve to even try to get sober this month! Talk about a procrastinator! I honestly could not even get on the horse to even try to ride.

We all have set backs. Give it some thought. Reconsider..... And GET BACK HERE! Please
We're all pretty lost wo each other ya know.

You can do this Fab. You know you can. We know you can.

Waiting breathlessly for your return! Uh-hum.... Remember I said breathlessly!

See ya back tomorrow!

Olivia
Old 01-16-2016, 08:52 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I hope you stay fabat.. We have all had a glitch along the way.. Come back and have a brand new day tomorrow. You can do this ... We are here for you x
Old 01-16-2016, 09:00 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
EndGame

When I was drinking, I either ignored my problems or ran from them. Drinking in the first place was a version of running in place. But the place where I was running only got worse. Too proud and too humiliated to ask for help.

I only got sober when I stopped running, when I reached out for help, when I truly started letting other people help me.
Old 01-16-2016, 09:04 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Fabat each time you come back to sobriety you are coming back with more tools to fight with. This time your enemy will see one bad *** who is not to be ***** with!
Old 01-16-2016, 10:07 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

You've gotten a lot of support here. Hopefully you'll use it to pursue long term sobriety.
Old 01-17-2016, 04:47 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Just woken up. Its nearly 2pm here.

Well my Goodness SR. You people are truly amazing. You have probably heard the expression "Friends are the Family that we chose for ourselves" You feel like family to me. I even have images in my head of what you all look like. I am sincerely touched by every post here.

So, the Sunday activity planned with the children has flown out of the window. Massive hangover, half finished glass next to my bed I must have fallen into a drunken slumber have way through it), last night's dinner plates yet to be washed up, and I feel sick to the stomach with myself. Déjà vu. Back to the future. Back to 70 days ago.

I still can't believe I did it. I felt on top of the world. Then my AV told me to have a one little "celebratory drink" to congratulate myself for getting my **** together. And I was feeling so warm and fuzzy I did, without any resistance.

I need to spend some time today thinking about what went wrong. The AV had put in an appearance a couple of times last week but I did not bother to analyse why it had suddenly come back. I think I got a bit complacent to be honest and thought I had things firmly under control.

On a positive note. I am going to start again NOW. I am not throwing it away. But I am feeling so bad about things. I can't quite believe it. After all the happy times I posted saying I know I will never drink again. What an idiot.

And yes someone mentioned my pseudo here earlier, I am FAB AT 50 because my 50 birthday is towards the end of this year and I wanted to hit it being and feeling fabulous. But I also get called FAT AT, and even FAT BAT! That does make me chuckle, but I will gladly answer to anything!

Wishing you all a happy peaceful and sober Sunday and heart felt thanks.

The FAB FAT OLD LOSER BAT xx
Old 01-17-2016, 04:58 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thank you for the update and starting a day one, I was personally encouraged by your post that you are going to have a hard look at what went wrong and shy you started, I did the same for every relapse I had that I would remember and formulated my offense into the plan I use.

Hope you are feeling better soon, as you know it will get better.

Andrew
Old 01-17-2016, 05:00 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Please don't leave Fabat.

You slipped off the life-raft, but we're still here, hands outstretched, ready to pull you back up. You just need to find the willingness to get back on and stay safe in the middle of the raft.

Sometimes we know that we're hitting rough waters. Then we brace ourselves; hold on tight; and check that's we're not too close to the edge. Unfortunately we sometimes get days when everything seems like it's plain sailing, and we relax our hold, and merrily sit at the edge, only to get swept off the raft by an unexpected wave that comes from nowhere. That doesn't mean it's hopeless, and you should give up and let yourself sink to the bottom of the sea.

You know, we don't get given what we want, or what we deserve in recovery. If we ask, and we trust, then we will (somehow or another) get what we NEED. Stick around and keep asking, and we'll be here for you Fabat.
Old 01-17-2016, 05:04 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
quat

Glad you posted, was actually reading your thread trying to figure something to say to 'trick' you to come back and throw away the wine. But then that wouldn't be fair , seeing as you were tricked already recently. The AV is a liar , always .
Don't throw away 70, but do get rid of the wine .
You can be Fab at 50, quit listening to liars and tricksters
wish you well , now go wash those dishes