Notices

Interesting question

Old 01-08-2016, 06:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Interesting question

Maybe that's not the kind of things to be posted in this section but i'd really like to hear what people think about this.

So i recently read that 80% of 15+ aged people in Russia drink unsafe amounts of alcohol and a lot even drinking daily too. The statistics are bad for countries in the Balkan area too and i know that it is real for a fact as i can see that. However i can't help but wonder how these countries are even able to be productive if so many people consume so much alcohol? Judging by those statistics you'd think more than half the population would be alcoholics therefore un productive people...

Knowing that this is not where the niche ends it means these people either manage to drink and not go full blown alcoholics or that these statistics must be ********. It's just so confusing to me.. Like some countries would consider a couple of hundred thousand people drinking to excess a huge problem and then there is Russia for e.g that has more than half it's people drinking absolutely outrageous amounts of alcohol...
Old 01-08-2016, 06:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe wrong but I think I heard the average life expectancy in Russia is rather young like maybe in the 50's? And it's because of all the alcoholism
sad
sorry not an answer to your question
I thought Russia hadn't been doing too well so maybe the productivity is suffering after all

ok here's a good article:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...years-to-vodka

food for thought
Old 01-08-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I try to not worry too much about statistics. The only one that matters to me is that I'm 100% assured of staying sober if I don't drink today.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Glad you're here friend and posting.

Ya know when I was drinking I wondered about all kinds of things that were wayyyy out of my control or understanding. In sobriety I keep it simple and deal with what's on my immediate radar = me staying sober today. I have to deal with my reality and not dwell on solving wordly problems. Goodness knows I did enough of that at the taverns!!!

Are you from that region, is that the interest? Sad stats........
Old 01-08-2016, 06:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Maybe you're thinking about moving there??
Old 01-08-2016, 10:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fly N Buy View Post
Glad you're here friend and posting.

Ya know when I was drinking I wondered about all kinds of things that were wayyyy out of my control or understanding. In sobriety I keep it simple and deal with what's on my immediate radar = me staying sober today. I have to deal with my reality and not dwell on solving wordly problems. Goodness knows I did enough of that at the taverns!!!

Are you from that region, is that the interest? Sad stats........
I am from Bulgaria so we have a lot of Russian tourists here and i have always been amused at the amounts of alcohol they manage to drink.. Their holiday in here is an alcoholic one from the start to the end and it's shot after shot after shot until they go back to Russia.

Anyhow sorry if this post seems a bit weird i know people come here to tell their story and seek help but i thought it would be interesting to see what people think about this

Thanks for taking the time guys, this is very helpful and good community glad i joined
Old 01-08-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Russia is not particularly productive. Wonderful people, but bad government. When I was there I could hardly find anything made there to bring home as gifts. Most durable goods in those days (1998) were imported from Europe. Maybe China now. The main revenues come from oil, and with the price so low now, Russia is facing significant economic problems.