Notices

Recovery wristbands

Old 01-06-2016, 09:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Recovery wristbands

So I got this great idea to have a wrist band made at each milestone in my recovery (from an eating disorder, but it would work great for any addiction.) So far, I'm on 24 hours. I will do one for each month, and after that- I will worry about it then since this is a one day at a time thing

But, so far (Day 6 here) it's helping me immensely. I see it at random times during the day and it reminds me of what I'm doing.

It's white, with raised letters that say "24 Hours" so from a distance, it just looks white, but I know what it says.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Very glad to hear things are looking up and congrats on day 6. The wristband sounds like a great idea and if it's helping you it's a fantastic idea!
Old 01-06-2016, 11:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

That is a fantastic idea
Old 01-06-2016, 11:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

not a bad idea. A bit into recovery i tattooed my sobrety date on one wrist. I know i'm sick enough that i could easily go get drunk despite the fact that i have a tattoo of my sobriety date right there on my drinking hand but its a good reminder and I have yet to slip up. I also tattooed "be present" on the other wrist to remind me to stay focused on this present moment instead of playing the what if game and shoulda have this and could have that and what about the future etc.. screw all that noice just get through right now.

Then I tattooed a zen symbol on my arm to remind me that things are not always perfect but that they are just the way that they ar and just allow things to be etc..

all that was just to help keep me grounded and sober. a bit extreme? yeah i guss but so is drinking like i did so whatever. and i never got a tattoo before till i got sober lol
Old 01-08-2016, 05:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's a big thing to overcome your addiction so this actually sounds like a great idea and one more thing to motivate you through the struggle. The tattoo is also a great thing for such a big achievement but thing is i'd be really sad if i slipped back and had a tattoo