Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Christmas Party (something freaked my friend out to this very day))

Notices

Old 12-29-2015, 09:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I attended the Christmas party that my bachelor friend held at his apartment but I left early due to the over excessive drinking as I didn't want to get caught in it again. I also came back two hour later just in case a friend is being stubborn and wants to drive home by himself. The party was still popping and they also invited four female friends over who came in from a different Christmas Party.

I stayed until 11 and everyone except me was out of their mind **** drunk. There were all kinds of liquor on the table. Half finished, Unopened, a quarter of the way finished. Some of them were passed out including people I've never seen before. The girls were passed out and two of them went home when a friend came by to pick them up.

Some were still up just watching T.V. and I decided to go home.

The following afternoon, a friend called me to pick him up from the apartment. When I got there, I heard my friend arguing with another guy.

He was in the kitchen with a bottle of mouth wash just chugging away and saying "How stupid are you, man?" to the other guy.

'I'm sorry, it was only just a little bit. I remember it was this low..." He made gesture a small measurement against a bottle of Gin.

"You freaking suck, man. I'm going to get sick. I need to vomit." My friend said getting really upset now. He stormed out of the unit before me. I followed.

"Hey, what happened." I asked. He just grumbled. Spit a couple times on our way to my car.

Apparently, he woke up and found a bottle of Gin next to the guy that he was arguing with. He grabbed the bottle and took five shots of it. The guy then woke up and saw my friend pouring shots from the bottle and he quickly rushed over and grabbed the bottle from his hands. At first he was hesitant about why he did it.

He told my friend that he woke up and found the bathroom locked so he grabbed a perfectly good bottle of Gin (unknowingly because he was still a little drunk) which was about 75% full and he pissed a little into it but then quickly stopped when somebody from the bathroom came out.
He quickly stashed the bottle near his bed and finished urinating in the bathroom.

He came back out and took the bottle in his hand and stared at it before placing it near where he slept thinking nobody was going to drink out of it.

Christ mas was Last week and my friend is still going on about it. I told him to relax. I said that the alcohol probably killed most of the stuff in the urine but that only upsets him more.

He's somewhere out there right now but I can't help but laugh my ass off thinking about it. I know, I shouldn't but, I hope he's okay. I don't know, what do you guys think?. Is he right in freaking out the way he did? Is he in some sort of health trouble? Five shots of it, damn near took more if that guy hadn't stop him. My question is, how did he not know there was something odd tasting about it?.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't think he knows of this place since he doesn't consider himself a big drinker but he is. I hope he doesn't because......

Ah who cares. It's a funny story I thought I'd shared because this is what happened when you drink too much. You just get yourself into all sorts of madness whether funny or serious.
Old 12-29-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I didn't know jack when I was drunk. Can't count the times I drank from my 'ashtray bottle'...

Your friend will live.

Not sure I find it funny but all I know is I never find myself in situations like that anymore

D
Old 12-29-2015, 09:13 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ouch. You mean ashtray with the ash still in it or you pour liquor into an ashtray and drank from it. Yikes. Did you realize you did afterward right away?.

My friend is overreacting. He's over there at his girlfriend's house talking about he had to drink a whole bottle of Whiskey to get rid of the germs and viruses.

What?. LOL.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I used empty, or nearly empty, bottles as ashtrays.
Sometimes I was so far gone it took a couple of swigs to notice...

D
Old 12-29-2015, 10:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can see why he got so pissed...
Old 12-30-2015, 04:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ewww I have also sipped from the ashtray bottle. I had to place a "no butts in bottles" rule in my house back when because I would drink all the half full bottles first thing in the morning. Ugggh gross. I've never said that out loud. Drink leftover beer for breakfast. Good lord thank you god for this site and AA. Yuck!

Jennifer
Old 12-30-2015, 05:39 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
zjw

yeah I drank from ashtray bottles. one time when i was in my teens I had snuck a beer only drank about half of it and put it on a shelf. a few months later I thought hmm wonder if thats still good so i took a swig but like nothing came out i poured it and it was like jelly strangest thing. You'd think the little red flag woulda gone up you just tried to drink a beer thats months old and been sitting opened on a shelf you might have a problem? Nope it didnt ::facepalm::.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Lorax1981 View Post
brings a whole new meaning to **** drunk
Old 12-31-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lorax1981 View Post

LOL!!!! It's New Year and he's still bitching about it but it's partly my fault for constantly cracking jokes about it.

I drank my own pee when I took a weekend survival training class but it was not like a whole glass full of anything. Our trainer asked us to take one gulp just to get us past the gag reflex. Luckily, my urine was clear and it had no taste to it. But, before we drank our own ****, we went four hours without water just so that our mental state was desperate for anything. He also brought out a flask filled with Whiskey and he told us that this Flask wasn't meant to get anyone drunk but to keep us warm for a just a little bit and we took two sip each. If someone was sober, they get a pass.

LOL, one of the guys in our group had like the most foul smelling, deep yellow **** and he was unable to take it down.

Anyway, I brought that up just to help him feel better and he yelled at me saying, "That's your own ****. Of course you'll drink it. Would you drink another dude's ****?."

He'll get over it.

Happy New Years to all and be safe.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Urine is sterile when it exits the body, or near enough to it to not matter. The high alcohol content of the gin will keep it relatively germ free.

I won't lie, I laughed, but its with a tinge of sadness. If that's the level of drunkeness he's at, he likely is engaging in other unsafe behaviors. Even if he's not alcoholic (and I've seen people drink and behave like this and stop when they reached a point in their life where other things tokok over) the danger is still there.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Nothing good ever comes from drinking too much. This is a prime example.
He will be ok.