Notices

Severe Anxiety and Depression

Old 12-27-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I am having severe anxiety and depression after drinking. I get drunk and Facebook my ex who I obsess about when drinking from 19 years ago with mortifying and obviously drunken proclamations that I have to read next day. I smoke cigarettes in front of my 2 teens and make scenes that I feel sooo guilty for. I can't take this anxiety and hate that I cannot take it all back! I also spilled wine all over my sister's white couches on Christmas. I feel soo stressed can't stop the loop of shame running through my mind constantly

Last edited by Calle; 12-27-2015 at 06:34 PM. Reason: add
Old 12-27-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Well, stopping drinking will probably help most of those issues. Do you have any plans for that?
Old 12-27-2015, 06:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I told my kids I would never drink in front of them again. They dont believe me. And don't want to but I always tell myself it's just a little wine or it just a beer but after one I want more and start craving cigarettes. Going to stop.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

Everyone here has a problem with just having a little wine or one beer. The problem is that first one. If you really want to stop drinking in front of your kids you're going to have to give some consideration stopping completely. Moderation just doesn't work for us.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Calle- welcome aboard. The good news is when you stop drinking you can find ways to manage your anxiety and depression. And you'll be in control of yourself which should eliminate the embarrassing things that happen when you're drunk.

Stick around, lots of support and wisdom here.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Read around and post often! It works if you work it!

Here are a couple good threads to join:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5709517

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5710410
Old 12-27-2015, 07:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you.. I know I can't have just one I am going to start tomorrow by not making my usual stop after work for fireball. I won't even have alcohol in my house as I got some as gifts for co workers and ended up just drinking those presents too.
Thank you
Old 12-28-2015, 02:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome Calle
Old 12-28-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

break the cycle and it gets better. The loop of shame as you put it will eventually come to an end. its not an overnight thing but it does stop.

I know for me i talked in circles and thought in circles all i did was go round and round and round about the same stuff over and over and over again. Once i broke the cycle of drinking the rest started to break apart too.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jd1639 View Post
Well, stopping drinking will probably help most of those issues. Do you have any plans for that?
There it is.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Calle View Post
I told my kids I would never drink in front of them again. They dont believe me. And don't want to but I always tell myself it's just a little wine or it just a beer but after one I want more and start craving cigarettes. Going to stop.
I think I was on that merry-go-round for about the last five years of my drinking. If I could just keep it together. Just get it together. In the end I did neither.

I just ended up being tired of the drama, the way I looked and the way I felt. Never dawned on my that perhaps my drinking was the reason I felt so burned out all the time.

I had enough. Time to do something. So I went to AA.

AA isn`t prefect but it`s free, there are plenty of meetings and most important there are people who can relate with you.

Untimely you will have to decided when enough is enough.
Old 12-28-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. I hope the support here can help you get sober for good.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome, Calls. I agree, stopping drinking will definitely help your problems. It will also allow you to get to a point where you can at least ascertain whether you may suffer from anxiety or depression outside of drinking, and take the necessary steps to better your life.

About the facebooking thing: I wish I could develop a breathalyzer to shut off electronic devices at a certain blood alcohol level. I'd be a billionaire.
Old 12-28-2015, 08:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Calle!!