Notices

another sleepie thread

Old 12-22-2015, 03:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

haha awwww a little Babar
Old 12-22-2015, 03:12 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Aren't they the most gorgeous darlings?! I saw this *amazing* doco once about a refuge in Africa for elephants who had been orphaned due to poaching. One baby had seen its mother slaughtered, and it was depressed. I mean quite obviously depressed in its body language and lack of engagement with the other elephants and humans. Eventually, after much loving it gradually came right. Playing soccer, enjoying itself. The human caretakers would sleep with them and everything. It was excruciatingly sad but beautiful at the same time.

Check this baby out. It laughs so hard it literally falls off its chair!

Old 12-22-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

LOL that was great Shab!
Old 12-22-2015, 03:13 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Soberwolf

Old 12-22-2015, 03:21 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Ha ha....I hope he sees that!! What a cutie!!! Looks so content :-)
Old 12-22-2015, 03:33 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Shab that kinda thing about the elephants makes me feel low for not being vegetarian. I know life is precious to all things. After the prediabetes thing tho I am more of a protein gal and truth be told I just feel better with a small amount of animal based protein. And I think someone mentioned it around here once, but the dairy industry is worse, I think, than the meat industry towards cattle!
Years ago I saw "Baraka". it's a beautiful film with music and no dialogue. I chicken factory was briefly shown and I went vegan for several months.
Old 12-22-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Just saw this thread....hope you are feeling a little better now sleepie love.

And this is for you

Here's the real hug...

Old 12-22-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thank you venuscat!
Old 12-22-2015, 03:43 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Yep, I have often felt the same way, and I've gone through vegan phases, but the meat and dairy keeps calling me back. It's shame organic farming is shoved out price-wise by the big corporations. I buy organic/free range meats. I think I might start looking for dairy products that are produced by ethical farmers. It's just so expensive that stuff. God, we had an item here recently on the news. Some people went undercover into the dairy industry and filmed some things. Doesn't bear repeating :-/
Old 12-22-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

SO true Shab... and organic dairy and meat is SO much better for a woman. We have hormones and such... that can suffer. My body is currently living proof of this!
I should really go on a strict diet soon for that but I am holding off til after the holidays. Not going crazy or anything... but perfection can wait.
Old 12-22-2015, 04:08 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Right - good point. I didn't think about the hormones and mine are all over the place!
Old 12-23-2015, 12:46 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Soberwolf

Thank you Sleepie x
Old 12-23-2015, 01:08 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Someone here pointed out that I always get support when I ask for it.
Someone here rests they case! You sentence is that you must accept that is many good people here that likes you, care about you, supports you, appreciate you honesty, acknowledge you talents, and wish only good things for you. ... ... Silence! I has make my ruling! Accept you sentence, Sleepies! Bailiff, bonk defendant on her noggins if she try to appeal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
judgecow.jpg (30.0 KB, 203 views)
Old 12-23-2015, 01:12 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

LOL Cow!
Old 12-23-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

LOVE YOUR PROFILE PIC!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=jerr...4FR_BPkrDsM%3A

She's my fav
Old 12-23-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

https://www.google.com/search?q=jerr...c42b1-EPsuM%3A
Old 12-23-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

LOL greens... glad you recognized it!
Old 12-23-2015, 05:08 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I am now enjoying quotes lol
Old 12-24-2015, 04:43 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing you a peaceful christmas Sleepie & a prosperous 2016 x
Old 12-24-2015, 05:08 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
zjw

thump thump thump whats that? my vegan drum lol

Sleepie you made a comment about how you just feel better with a little animal protein thrown in after doing some vegan stuff etc..

having done this vegan game for 3 years now I know what you mean i spent the first year or so pretty stinking hungry and unsatisfied even tho I ate like a stinking pig. In time tho my body adjusted and I'day about a year and a half in i started getting more satisfaction out of my vegan diet.

Do i still endulge in meat? yeah once in a blue moon i wont lie.

I do the vegan thing more for health reasons then anything. But the ethical aspect is screwed up too. back when i ate meat i tried desperately to only eat stuff i raised and slaughtered or i new the farmer personally.

Dairy dont get me started on dairy I will not touch the stuff. I accidentally had a smoothie recently with dairy one sip I was ready to gag. I used to love me some dair but i guess my tastes buds changed.

My issue with dairy is the whole we are drinking milk for baby cows. Are we baby cows? if human breast milk was sold next to cows milk in the store would we drink that instead? it would make a heck of a lot more sense. But why on earth drink the milk from another species thats meant for that species babies? Not to mention there are so many adverse health affects from dairy.

Why did we even bother with dairy to begin with?! well I guess at one time it made a heck of a lot of sense. a cow can make a ton of milk and thats a lot of calories (from fat mind you) and it can be preserved in the form of cheeses and really help ya get through the winter or famine etc... But in todays day and age in my country anyhow with grocery stores and such we have so many food options available to us we dont really need to consume this basicly survival food we are lucky.

Yeah watching stuff like earthlings on youtube is some good vegan proproganda. another one I liked was "Best Speech You Will Ever Hear - Gary Yourofsky" on youtube.

Its hard there isnt a lot humane about eating meat tho. Having slaughtered enough of my own animals its tough. I had one meat bird I raised was a rooster the breed of chicken (cornish cross) is a terrible breed they are bread to just eat themselves to death they barely move and sleep in there own crap never realy growing much feathers on the belly from sleeping in there own crap. If you dont slaughter them in time they will break there legs from the weight or they will have a heart attack and die. many die before slaughter time etc.. But they do however grow to be a nice plump meaty chicken that is cost effective to produce. This is also the breed you see in the store etc.. Anyhow this one guy I kinda liked him. when i went to put him down I snapped his neck and he screamed. I cut his neck to bleed him out and tried to calm him etc.. I did my best to make this humane. But I'll never forget that scream. That year I slaughtered 30 birds etc...

I really do think if folks had to slaughter there own animals routinely for there meal they'd go ya know its a heck of a lot easier to eat a banana. Then to gut and skin and pluck and kill and pack and freeze etc....

Ok thats my vegan rant lol.

The vegan thing aint for everyone but one thing I did learn was I do not need meat at 3 squares a day. I never thought that possible. My point? wanna still eat meat knock yourself out. But you can also eat less of it. I always used to think i needed some 20 ounce portion of meat on my plate at every meal I was excessive. I ate meat like i drank booze lol. I had a problem myself and ate way too much of it!