Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Cow's Bah Humbug Holiday Corner (non Bah Humbugs also welcome!)

Notices

Cow's Bah Humbug Holiday Corner (non Bah Humbugs also welcome!)

Old 12-16-2015, 11:12 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
Oh, my word! Yes, you are too, Delfin. Those lenses are huge! lol

Seriously though, I have a friend who is the same. She has to hold something up two inches from her face to read it and her lenses look like old glass milk bottle bottoms. She's still the handiest of women around a house though. When she and her partner stayed with us for a few weeks she fixed several things for us. Pretty remarkable.
It's the sonar, Shabby. We use it to get around and do stuff. That's kinda true though.

Delfin
Old 12-16-2015, 11:17 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Hi Delfin how are you tonight?
You know, I had a friend years ago who was pretty severely visually impaired, and had one eye. He had only a small bit of vision left in the eye and very thick glasses. He somehow created the most detailed, intricate illustrations. He is an artist. I mean they are really impressive.

I guess these sort of appear to me in my mind then I play around til I get it.

It's about the only thing I get a kick out of lately. I've been down.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:53 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
Hi Delfin how are you tonight?
You know, I had a friend years ago who was pretty severely visually impaired, and had one eye. He had only a small bit of vision left in the eye and very thick glasses. He somehow created the most detailed, intricate illustrations. He is an artist. I mean they are really impressive.

I guess these sort of appear to me in my mind then I play around til I get it.

It's about the only thing I get a kick out of lately. I've been down.
True, I have heard of nearly-blind people creating the most amazing art...I guess the visual talent is in the mind, not in the eyes.

I think you're in the majority in feeling down around this time of year., Sleepie. Draw lots of pictures to cheer you up then. I love seeing them, and I think everyone else does too. Be sure to post them!

Delfin
Old 12-16-2015, 11:55 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know I've said this before, but you have serious talent Sleepie

D
Old 12-17-2015, 12:19 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Delfin is it ok to ask what's the matter with your eyes?
I wear contacts, but have coke bottles when they are not in and have risk of retinal detachment... hope I never "see" the day :/
Old 12-17-2015, 12:20 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee it's ok, you're right every time.

lol
Old 12-17-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Sleepie ... I'll say this once and once only... you can make art for a living. I see moo-la headed your way, that is, if you want it.

You could illustrate for anyone. Digital, print ... anyone.

Go for it.

Oh ... can you draw a parrot?
Old 12-17-2015, 12:40 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

That pretty much me every single morning, Sleepies. Meditate about how I NOT gonna has coffee today --no, nope, uh uh, no way-- okay dammit, I has coffee today! There I says it! I does still struggle with that. It so stupid. I always says coffee is the devil, so total appreciate the horns on those cute innocent little mugs, Sleepies. And plus also, I need the reminder!

I been very down too lately. Okay, I know, I always down. I guess I been still yet even more downier. Not has to do with holidays, is just, what is. I got couple party/dinner over next week that is no way I can blow off, so I trying to think how on Earth I gonna put on fake social face and make jokes and does pleasantries. I already sat like mute sullen stone through Thanksgiving (under guise that I feeling very ill), so I not can does that to everybody again. Eek!

How is you all going?
Old 12-17-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Cow, I no longer enjoy the holidays since I no longer visit with family. That's by choice.

I'm not doing that great lately... having moments of massive anxiety over impending jaw surgery on January 12th.

Just trying to hold it together at the moment.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Why you disengage with family? What kind of jaw surgery? Why is that cow so nosy?

Sorry but cows is known for our big probiscus. And plus also, I truly interested.

We can help supports through you surgery. As for family, uh, buh, eh, yeesh, I think lot of in that same boat. I would has disengage with family dinners and such very long time ago, but, I want to stay in will. Why? Cuz as I has always say: "I EARNED that monies."
Old 12-17-2015, 01:35 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Today was up early (for someone who goes to sleep at 6 a.m.) and bf couldn't give me 5 minutes of quiet, I am a very slow riser. And trust me it will not be pretty if this way of waking up is messed with. Well, he messed with it and it ain't pretty.

Went and had my hair cut and got a few gift cards for some upcoming b-days.

P***ed about the dental repairs I sat in that chair for no less than 4 times this year that have chipped yet again. And I paid for it and I ain't made of money. So, due to having my front teeth knocked almost clear off as a kid in an accident, I have had chipped, painful, bonded teeth for years that now nobody will repair unless I get veneers. Which are... TONS of money. Hellish teeth despite flossing etc. It's all repairs from childhood.

I don't care much for the holidays, the death of the only relative who treated me like a human is coming up in the new year. Never had much going on for holidays anyway since I went No Contact with abusive family years ago.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

... ... you unusual cheery today, Sleepies. What up with that?
Old 12-17-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Why you disengage with family? What kind of jaw surgery?
Well, because my mom and grandmom are both dead, and they were the only ones who really cared.

It's orthognathic surgery. Lower jaw only. It's to correct TMJ and jaw misalignment and increase the length of the lower jaw 4mm.

If I make it out alive I've decided I'll have lasik eye surgery and get that over with too, cause I'll feel like a bada** at that point for making it through the tough surgery.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
As for family, uh, buh, eh, yeesh, I think lot of in that same boat. I would has disengage with family dinners and such very long time ago, but, I want to stay in will. Why? Cuz as I has always say: "I EARNED that monies."

I hear you, Cow.

Might not be my best choice to disengage before my grandfather dies. He might decide to take me out of the will. They are crazy enough to do something like that. I guess I just don't care anymore. Too many nutjobs ready to pounce on the money. I can't stand the thought of having another conversation with my mom's sister in this lifetime.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:14 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I was told I need that surgery too soberpotamus. After 8 teeth pulled as a teen and braces. But no way can I afford it. My teeth are worn and cracked form stress grinding.

Sleep got messed with Cow!
Old 12-17-2015, 02:18 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

I had braces too, Sleepie. And I do the stress grinding.

Sleepie, my insurance is paying 100%. I really couldn't believe it when they told me, but it's true.

Do you have insurance?
Old 12-17-2015, 02:22 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Wow. No. I am not even employed right now.

I usually do get down around the time of my aunt's death. She wasn't warm towards me but she did love me. I sort of skipped the grieving process since after attempting I had zero friends. I just drank through it.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

I drank the three years following my mom's death. I put off grieving too. I would cry and scream while drunk. I don't think that counts as grieving.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:29 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

I can't think of family stuff. Gives me nightmares. Having lots of them lately.

I'm all out of Mr. Robot Cow... finished it early this morning.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:31 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

... I being ironic, Sleepies. PM me you final review of Robot!

I had the braces for 5 painful year, too. The torturous wire/metal kind. Use to have high vampire teeths that have to be made room for and then pull down into place. I blames Captain Crunch! I probable never going to dentist again. Sorry for you guys pain.

My lasik not perfect but I never regrets it. Could not stand to put the plastic films on my eyeballs anymore. My eyeballs would literal spit my contacts out!