Notices

Really bad blackout-possibly in danger

Old 12-03-2015, 04:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Really bad blackout-possibly in danger

Hi. I'm back. Hope all is well.

Like everyone said here my girlfriend and I are finally breaking up. She said she loves me more than herself and that scares her. Gotta work on herself rather than worrying about me.

I picked up a bottle of vodka and proceeded to drink myself into blackout stage. I remember very little but woke up with a numbers on my phone that I have NO IDEA how I got them.

One txt I got was.."I'm coming over there right now" threating manner though. I vaugly remember picking a fight with him over the phone. Now I got a call from this person at 8:00am!

I might have gave him my address and name. Have no idea. It worries me cause he will most likely have a weapons if he wants to do anything cause he doesn't know me.

I not a violent person when sober. Only when I drink hard alcohol I'm an idiot It looks like but it's not how I am.I'm almost wanting to pick up a bottle cause I won't be worried anymore if he comes to my house.

Going to sleep with my favourite golf club tonight.

What should I do?
Old 12-03-2015, 04:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Maxx

I'm not sure what you can do about texts which may or may not be be construed as threats. Be careful who you open the door to I guess.

You should have a sent folder - that will tell you what you sent.

With regards to blackouts - you already know what to do there. I think that's where your energy should really be directed, man.

Where you are right now is no way to live.

D
Old 12-03-2015, 04:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thx Dee,

I had a panic attack when I woke up. Erased all the numbers..out of sight, out of mind. Kinda like what I do with empty beer cans.

Should I call the cops? If this person comes to my house I don't know... Could be really bad.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you really feel in danger, it's probably worth ringing the local constabulary for their advice on what you could do to stay safe.

I'm not sure they'll be able to do anything much themselves with no evidence tho.

D
Old 12-03-2015, 05:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm even more worried cause I must have sounded insane talking to him last night. He's doesn't seem worried about it. So he must be crazy.How the hell did I get this persons number!!!!
Old 12-03-2015, 05:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're really freaking out why not stay at a friends, family, or a hotel for a few days?

D
Old 12-03-2015, 05:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm such a fool. This shouldn't be happening to me. I can handle getting beat up. I just don't wanna get killed.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

He's not knocking at your door right now, right? It's likely you were both puffed up on alcohol and nothing will come of it. Stay sober and this kind of thing won't happen again.

If he shows up and threatens, call the police. You're safe right now, if you can - stop future tripping.
Old 12-03-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
He's not knocking at your door right now, right? It's likely you were both puffed up on alcohol and nothing will come of it. Stay sober and this kind of thing won't happen again.

If he shows up and threatens, call the police. You're safe right now, if you can - stop future tripping.
Thx blue,

If we were both puffed up on alcohol I don't think he'd set his alarm to call me at 8am! Who does that? Thx for ur concern though. Means allot
Old 12-03-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaxxPower View Post
Thx Dee,

I had a panic attack when I woke up. Erased all the numbers..out of sight, out of mind. Kinda like what I do with empty beer cans.

Should I call the cops? If this person comes to my house I don't know... Could be really bad.
Considering you have no recollection of what happened I can't see how the local authorities can help.

Put a note on the front door saying you don't remember anything. That you were drunk out of your mind and you regret making the call
Old 12-03-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

For a long time just being sober was enough for me mainly because I was no longer involved in continuous drama due to my drinking
Old 12-03-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

If you never drink again, this sort of thing will never happen again.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by MaxxPower View Post
I not a violent person when sober. Only when I drink hard alcohol I'm an idiot It looks like but it's not how I am.I'm almost wanting to pick up a bottle cause I won't be worried anymore if he comes to my house.

What should I do?
What you should do is find a way to stop drinking. All of your problems are a direct result of it and they will continue to get worse unless you take action and quit.

Call the police if you feel there is a legitimate safety concern, but to be quite blunt your focus needs to be sobriety.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:26 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Maxx, I can relate to your situation. I have gotten myself into the same kind of trouble and messed with the wrong people. I have never been a violent guy either but when blackout drunk I can get aggressive and start fights for no reason really.

One night I did start a fight in a bar but I had no memory of it. I was told later they were gonna cone to my place to fight me. I lived next door to the bar....

Fortunately, people there knew I was just a bad drunk and not an a**hole. I had zero recollection of who I angered so if they approached me the next day I would have probably introduced myself and shaken his hand.

I wouldn't worry about it. Drunken bar fights rarely result in any continued animosity when every sobers up and gets on with life.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Argh.worried. Sleep might not happen tonight.

My flood lights keep going off.😟I just went to the patio door in my boxers holding my 7 iron...rediculous.

I'm so dissapointed in myself. I hate alcohol.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Maybe text the number back and explain?
Old 12-03-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I reckon if anyone was coming over they'd have arrived by now.
Try and get some rest Maxx

D
Old 12-03-2015, 11:17 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Maxx, my pit bulls, night vision motion-detecting security cameras, gloc 40 and kimber 45 are all nice but they don't really keep me safe. My chihuahua does. But seriously, do you know anybody at the bar that might be able to fill you in? Can you lock up your house nice and tight? Are the police relatively quick to respond in your area? It's a scary feeling not knowing what you got into but for all we know the guy is looking for 123 Fake street. You might have been acting dumb but not likely giving out your actual home address. I really hope you stay safe, sober, and close to SR so we're not all worried about you! I was just wondering about you the other night. Sorry about your girl, give it some time.
-Ted
Old 12-04-2015, 03:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Do your best

I think rather than focusing on this person focus on the reason this person is even involved

Your relationship with alcohol isn't healthy safe or responsible drinking

Accept that & do whatever it takes to remain sober for instance I've just finished a therapy session to help with my anxiety

Old 12-04-2015, 03:39 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

How much more do you have to lose before you realize alcohol is the problem not the solution?