Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

My Counselor has to refer me and I really connected.

Notices

Old 12-02-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just back from my counselling session and in the beginning my counselor did tell me he is only supposed to counsel youths because of funding or something but he said he really would like to work with me and try swing it with his boss.
I've had 4 sessions and I really feel I'm getting somewhere with him.
But he dropped the clanger when I was going that his boss says he has to round it up in 2 weeks and refer , I must say he did say it in a very emphatic way but he could see the dismay in face.
I lied and said no that's ok sure you told me in the beginning that there might be an issue.
To be honest I'm kinda real sad, I just wanted to vent and get that off my mind and hope my HP will have different plans and my next counselor will be as good ...
Old 12-02-2015, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

try and make the best of it. things happen for a reason etc...

I can see how it stinks tho.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry it went this way for you Paddy. Steady yourself using your other supports, just as you are doing here with SR. I hope your current counselor will be able to make a very good referral for you, since he knows you a bit and understands.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I'm sorry to hear that Paddy. I know how hard it is to find a therapist that you relate to. Wishing you the best.
Old 12-02-2015, 06:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just got my food vouchers and I have my rent money, Ill be ok for Christmas. I'm going to make hand made cards for everyone, I do that every year but this year there will be no pressies I'm afraid. It will keep me busy anyway.. thanks for your support and kindness.
I was just thinking how lovely and understanding everyone is on here, wouldn't it be lovely if everyone could get together for Christmas. I usually spend mine with the missionaries of Charity , they have a centre for homeless people and are the most remarkable people in the world.
we have a big meal and we all get gifts and lovely prayers for each of us and we sing and dance until 12 then we all go to midnight mass.
It's in Blarney in Co. Cork where the famous blarney castle is, if any of you guys are visiting call in for a cuppa , there doors are always open and they house 17 men trying to get clean and get their lives back together.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I sometimes fantasise about getting together with people on SR too.

I think your HP will have the counselling thing sorted, Paddy :-) It says a lot about you that you were able to make such a good connection with your counsellor. It can happen again :-)
Old 12-02-2015, 08:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
I sometimes fantasise about getting together with people on SR too.

I think your HP will have the counselling thing sorted, Paddy :-) It says a lot about you that you were able to make such a good connection with your counselor. It can happen again :-)
I think that wonderful connection I had with my hp is returning so on-words and upwards.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your new counsellor will be just as good, or better Paddy