Notices

I feel so embarrased

Old 12-01-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I feel so embarrased

Due to financial difficulties to keep a roof over my head I made the decision to sell my laptop which was 480.00euro when bought new by my counsellor, he said he couldn't get his head around it and I had helped him so much he gave it to me for 100euros.
I put it up on donedeal for 230.00 such was my urgency to sell it.
My Niece rang me and asked could she buy it off me, I said of course you can but now I'm feeling guilty accepting the money but I really need it.
To add to that her father rang me last night and said you only paid a100euro for that you told me of course what I omitted to tell him was i spent two days doing a ********** projection for him and that's why i got it so cheap .
Should i drop the price a little or stick to my guns???
Old 12-01-2015, 05:21 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If you sell it to your niece for any more than 100 euro you will be the bad uncle.
Chances are she may be short of money and you may never see the 100.
selling things amongst families causes rows and you could give it to her out of the kindness of your heart.

But wait a minute Isnt this what has got you in this situation in the first place
"Your kindness of heart"
Your in a bad financial situation and you dont want to sink deeper.
swollow your pride and tell your brother you dearly love the lap top and only selling it to keep the roof on your head.
If he has a heart he will understand.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i bought a car valued at $2500 for $1000. detailed it and sold it for $2000.
anything wrong with that?

if your neice is ok with the deal then her fathers problem with it is his problem.
his daughter or not, its not his business.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Yes I really need every cent of it thank you for making my mind up for me. I had told her already it's to keep a roof over my head and I didn't really even want to sell it but don't have a choice..
Old 12-01-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I would sell it to someone else. You NEED a roof over your head. She just WANTS a cheap laptop. Good luck paddy!
Old 12-01-2015, 06:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Your financial matters are your own...base your decision on what is best for you at this time.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I sold it to her for the asking price and she's delighted, she says its sooooo cool , I love it. I told her if my circumstances were different i would of giving it to her for nothing, she said she wouldn't of accepted it for nothing.
So all is good...
Old 12-01-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Too late.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:13 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gottalife View Post
too late.
. ?????
Old 12-01-2015, 02:17 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's great, Paddy. I think Gottalife probably just means he was going to suggest something but now the computer is sold it's too late to comment :-)
Old 12-01-2015, 03:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tooshabby View Post
That's great, Paddy. I think Gottalife probably just means he was going to suggest something but now the computer is sold it's too late to comment :-)
My old paranoid head again, yes that may be the case...
Old 12-01-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by paddyjnr1 View Post
I sold it to her for the asking price and she's delighted, she says its sooooo cool , I love it. I told her if my circumstances were different i would of giving it to her for nothing, she said she wouldn't of accepted it for nothing.
So all is good...
Yeah, I hope so, but I wouldn't count on it. I've had to deal with these family/money situations before. I wonder what her father is thinking... In any event, you're completely 100% in the right on this one, no question about it.

However family and money = problems.
Old 12-02-2015, 01:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Frank14 View Post
Yeah, I hope so, but I wouldn't count on it. I've had to deal with these family/money situations before. I wonder what her father is thinking... In any event, you're completely 100% in the right on this one, no question about it.

However family and money = problems.
Strangely enough my housemate met my niece before she called and my housemate told her the Computer was fab and she was getting the deal of the century and my niece said I know that's what my Dad said that Paddy wouldn't see you wrong and he knows his stuff about computers so I dunno wtf it was all about with him.
I think he could of been drunk the other night because when he is not entirely alkie he deffo has a problem with being mean to others after drinking.
Her mam text me and says she's so happy and i explained to her I would of given it to her for nothing if I wasn't in such a financial state as I don't like taking money off family.
She says I know didn't you give us a 50 inch TV and kitchen table and chairs for nothing when you split from your wife.
I had totally forgotten about.
She text very happy niece and happy uncle.
So I'm relieved although it def isn't a good idea dealing with money with family because I wasn't good all day yesterday from it.
Ah well lesson learned, thanks again all for your help...