Notices

Hearing music in my head

Old 06-28-2019, 08:28 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Me too!

So, for me this it totally different than an ear worm. Sober, I almost always have a song in my head. However, I have two fans and AC on and I always "hear the music". It is not recognizable music and I sometimes wonder if someone is watching a move on their computer or something. It is weird and keeps me awake even more than usual. I'm hoping it will pass.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Day 2 - musical madness

Hey guys,

Just getting through day 2 of my withdrawal after two weeks of drinking. I tapered so day one wasn't as some of the Cold Turkey versions I've went through. Shakes, itching, super anxious, muscle spasms. Last night was fairly horrendous. The auditory hallucinations started as soon as I put lights out. Heard a lady screaming, the wind was coming through my window with this low-fi music that started low but got louder as went on, heard kids playing in a schoolyard.

Anyway I eventually had enough and out headphones on and listened to the full six hours of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History about the atomic bomb (which was interesting). Eventually got to a protracted sleep about 6am.

Woke up and thought the sounds had gone. Then was on the train and the properly musical ones arrived with a bang! It is mental! A setlist of indie songs I know going on, pretty loud too. I kept looking around for someone on the train who had there phone on loud speaker, there was none.

Musical hallucinations are all of these things: terrifying, irritating and quite funny.

In saying that, hope they subside soon.

Hope you are all doing well.

Andrew in Ireland.
Old 10-10-2019, 08:51 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Andyjenno81 View Post
Hey guys,

Just getting through day 2 of my withdrawal after two weeks of drinking. I tapered so day one wasn't as some of the Cold Turkey versions I've went through. Shakes, itching, super anxious, muscle spasms. Last night was fairly horrendous. The auditory hallucinations started as soon as I put lights out. Heard a lady screaming, the wind was coming through my window with this low-fi music that started low but got louder as went on, heard kids playing in a schoolyard.

Anyway I eventually had enough and out headphones on and listened to the full six hours of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History about the atomic bomb (which was interesting). Eventually got to a protracted sleep about 6am.

Woke up and thought the sounds had gone. Then was on the train and the properly musical ones arrived with a bang! It is mental! A setlist of indie songs I know going on, pretty loud too. I kept looking around for someone on the train who had there phone on loud speaker, there was none.

Musical hallucinations are all of these things: terrifying, irritating and quite funny.

In saying that, hope they subside soon.

Hope you are all doing well.

Andrew in Ireland.
I must admit to having a good chuckle reading this. Good on you for keeping everything in good perspective and not panicking. And also for 6 straight hours of the Hardcore History of the Atomic bomb!). I do hope the symptoms subside soon. I've thankfully never had auditory hallucinations, but other WD symptons such as insomnia, profuse sweating, intense anxiety, depression etc etc - they're no picnic. But thankfully are temporary. On day 10 of one of many concerted efforts this year and posts like these keep me going.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:44 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Cheers Brian. It's terrified laughter, believe you me.

Shite, I just read back on an old post of mine where I wrote that 'night 2 and day 3' were the worst of all. Bollox!

I thought I might be in for an easy ride. Most of the other symptoms seemed to have subsided, yet from experience I know they tend to re-emerge once the sun goes down.

I think the auditory ones will definitely be back. The headphones will be back out so. I try to stay calm a d just remember it's your brain and senses trying to make some sense of it all and give you a kick in the balls at the same time.

Glad you've got the ten days under your belt, well done.

Andrew
Old 10-10-2019, 04:52 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Andrew

D
Old 10-11-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Day 3 is an absolute ****.

Arghhh.

It was the exact same last time. Thought I was in the clear going to bed last night.

By God no!

Now sitting listening a mix of Johnny Cash and Guns n Roses on an invisible stereo!

Gosh. Ugh.
Old 10-11-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're worried or it goes on too much longer it might be worth checking yourself out at the Drs Andy.

Hope better days are just ahead.
D
Old 10-11-2019, 05:48 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee.

Just back from the doctors. She was a bit shite.

She said the constant rolling music will cease eventually (when approx!?). It's now bringing in all sorts nature, sports fans cheering mixed into the fine collection of music!

A very Irish doctor... "Ha, sure music, then you'll be grand"

No doc, I think I'm losing my marbles.

She prescribed me Libs for the shakiness, confusion and anxiety.

How is everybody else?

Andrew
Old 10-14-2019, 02:57 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Hey guys,

Well made it through the weekend in one piece.

Today is Day 6 and feeling normal again thank god.

It's amazing how each day your body and mind improves and repairs itself, it's amazing really. I'm so glad to be out of the woods and I'm making a plan never to go back there.

Anybody one day one or two, just stick with it, it gets better. Eat well, rest and try not to overly worry about general life matters, just about your own health, the rest will sort itself out once you feel better.

And if really struggling with anxiety and all there terrible parts of withdrawal, do get to the doctor and get something to help with the initial hellish moments.

Librium was a god send for me the last few days. If anything, it just helps you get to sleep, which lets your body and mind heal.

And praise the lord, the non existent musical in my head has evaporated (I kind of miss it in a weird way

hope everybody is doing well.

Andrew

​​​​
Old 10-14-2019, 03:00 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are back to near normal Andy

D
Old 10-31-2019, 05:23 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

I had the music loop going on in my head whenever I came off binge drinking.

It usually started on the night I finally passed out and continued the next day, especially if I was trying to sleep again. Sometimes it was just the chorus or about 10 seconds of the song on loop. The 2nd day it would lessen and be gone by the 3rd day. Id also usually have a couple of obsessive thoughts looping at the same time. They weren't central thoughts and I knew they were because of the hangover but they were very annoying, like an itch that keeps coming back and you try to ignore it until it finally goes away.
Old 11-01-2019, 04:14 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

When I white knuckled withdraws once, I heard country music through the air conditioning for what seemed like hours. Nothing against country music (not my kind of music), but I swore God was punishing me while giggling at the same time.
Old 12-20-2019, 03:31 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hi guys,

Haven't been here in a few months. Managed to get a couple of months under by belt, but relapsed last week, quiet badly. Managed to get it together on Sunday and stop drinking. The first three days this week were quite hellish.

For anybody going through first withdrawl, the way it's explained on here and other places rings very true.

The first days you can drag your way through it to a point where you think you might be over the hump it. Don't be fooled though, from Night 2 onwards things can steadily go down hill. It's not really during the daytime, it's when sun goes down all hell breaks loose.

This week I didn't really have any big sweats or a paranoia, but everything else really. The hullucinations were intense, both in seeing people and things that were there, but also the auditory have been notched up to 11! They used to be just noises, mostly songs, somewhere in the background, but now it sounds like there's a radio right next to you, it doesnt disappear. It's happened a few times during withdrawls before, so it doesn't freak me out anymore, just really annoying, esp trying to sleep.

This morning I could hear what sounded like songs from an Xmas radio station on loudly. I followed the sound and it brought me to my gas boiler, the sound didn't diminish at all, so it sounded like my boiler was playing an Christmas radio station. So bizarre.

Anyway, anybody getting auditory hullucinations for the first time, don't freak out. If you stop drinking they do leave you after about three days.

Roll on day 6.

Andrew

I'm on day five sober now
Old 12-20-2019, 06:38 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Thanks Andrew. That sounds just awful. Glad you're through to day 5 as no doubt things will improve markedly from here. All the best with this go around.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:14 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I don't know why I didn't go through any withdrawals the week I ended with up the Flu and had to take a week off from work. I was scared like you know what because I thought if I had to deal with both the Flu and The Withdrawal at the same time, I'm going to have one of the worst week of my life.
Old 12-21-2019, 07:57 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JudicatorPanzer View Post
I heard music and people calling my name for help. Scary stuff.
This one gave me the creeps. I had goosebumps