Notices

My sponsor doesn't like that I come here

Old 11-23-2015, 08:31 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

I have never had a spon... so mmm.. just think they should be the person that is the real voice in the mist when its needed so much.. after my car accident in 1990.. I was being taken to see a shrink once a week. the man was a case of his own.. after 4 weeks of listening to him.. one morning I looked at myself in the mirror and did the complete Marine scream at me. know what that was better then the shrink... stopped seeing him .. put my pennies to better use... this forum is so great. open my heart mind and soul and I am safer here then anywhere. why . because Kids and Beans. we may never run into each other in this life at all.. but we do feel when the circle has an empty place.. after all these months.. please Kiddo . even if you do not write in. stop in have coffee with all of us. from so far away.. and know that what you read here is the truth from our hearts.. love and when this old lady says that she means it so much Love and so many prayers of joy that you are here. ardy
Old 11-23-2015, 10:03 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Well as a sponsor my only responsibility is to guide you through the 12 steps help you recreate your life and find a power greater than yourself not to tell you what to do and what not to do not to be your marriage counselor relationship expert or therapist although my suggestion is to check your motives for being here are you looking for someone to cosign your BS it's important to grow in understanding and effectiveness remain teachable learn something new everyday so actually I'm in no position to tell you what to do or what not to do simply meditate on it why are you on this website
Old 11-24-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Heck, man, I go to AA, Smart Recovery, troll Sober Recovery forums, read nutritional books, go to a nutritionist, acupuncture, etc. I figure I'm going to hit this with both shotgun barrels and a machine-gun to boot. There are many aspects to staying sober, IMHO.

AA is great to help people get some spiritual legs if they don't have them, also a way to connect with others and not isolate. But if someone is trying to preach to you that AA is the only way, I would be wary of them. My guess is he's afraid of losing some Step 12 benefits if he has sponsees that go elsewhere to shore up their sobriety.