SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   The Island of Misfit Drunks (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/379538-island-misfit-drunks.html)

trachemys 11-19-2015 02:56 PM

The Island of Misfit Drunks

DOMC ending? What are us misfits to do?

Here we go.

The Island of Misfit Drunks.

Live.

I'm on a new kick. I went find some more multivitamins and the drugstore was having a 2 for 1 sale. And what to my wondering eyes did appear? Men's Daily mix of Vitamins and supplements. All the good stuff men's bodies need. So, I got two months supply for cheap. I'm waiting on another sale to get my glucosamin.

What have you done good for yourself this week?

Della1968 11-19-2015 03:54 PM

Got a manicure and did yoga every day :)

JD 11-19-2015 03:59 PM

Just got back from a cycling class.

ScottFromWI 11-19-2015 04:26 PM

I watched video my daughter made for school and laughed. I need to laugh more.

trachemys 11-19-2015 04:36 PM

Yay, Yay, and Yay! Good for everyone!

Tooshabby 11-19-2015 04:45 PM

Oh wow, guys. Feel good buzz :-)

Well.....uh oh....I'm struggling a bit. I know! I got lots of rest. I worked so hard the week before tidying up the place outside because we had some people coming over. Covered in blisters and sore muscles, so this week just spent quite a bit of time lazing around :-)

Healthygoals 11-19-2015 04:50 PM

Booked a manicure and pedicure for tomorrow night after work.

Ate chocolate tonight instead of drinking.

Set limits instead of drinking.

Dee74 11-19-2015 04:57 PM

Did a burst of Xmas shoipping, Too hot. Parts 2 through 4 can wait til next week.

D

Tooshabby 11-19-2015 04:59 PM

Whoooaaahhh....Christmas shopping in November?! That's seriously impressive, Dee. Although, to be fair, you do have an advantage with that scooter :-D

Cow 11-19-2015 05:09 PM

How this Island of Misfit Drunks? Is all positive and cheery and people doing progress and stuff! Is more like Island of Mary Poppin Drunks! Island of Snickerdoodle Drunks! Island of Rose Color Kitten Drunks!

... ... ... okay, so maybe it best if I comes back when I feeling better.

Dee74 11-19-2015 05:20 PM

Maybe it's kinda like when the breakout character gets a spin off, Cow...LOL...

I do have an advantage TS LOL but it's even too hot with the scooter and the canopy.

when I got back at 10.30 am it was 30 degrees C inside - god knows what it is outside...

D

trachemys 11-19-2015 05:21 PM

Dayum, Cow, make really laugh out loud!

You gave up the continuity. I'm trying to keep our little community alive.

I love the Cow community.

Cow 11-19-2015 05:39 PM

Break out character spin off?! You mean, like "Joey" from "Friends." Cuz, yeah, that go well.

Trach, I just play with you. I glad to hand you the hosting baton: ... ... and a little turtle shall leads them ... ... slowly ... ... and probable into cancelation, unless basic cable network picks them up, but still ...

:kiss:

Venecia 11-19-2015 05:41 PM

I went to my weekly tai chi class. The marriage of movement and meditation is valuable.

Tooshabby 11-19-2015 05:44 PM

Hi Ven!!! I once saw an old Asian woman doing tai chi outside on a grass curb waiting to pick her grand-daughter up from school. It was captivating.

Venecia 11-19-2015 05:53 PM

TS, I went into it not knowing what I'd think. I've been interested in tai chi since seeing a large group of practitioners in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco about 10 months before I got sober.

It's something I enjoy more than I would have imagined. It's also a lot harder than I thought it would be!

trachemys 11-19-2015 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Cow (Post 5652234)
Break out character spin off?! You mean, like "Joey" from "Friends." Cuz, yeah, that go well.

Trach, I just play with you. I glad to hand you the hosting baton: ... ... and a little turtle shall leads them ... ... slowly ... ... and probable into cancelation, unless basic cable network picks them up, but still ...

:kiss:

Really, ROFLMAO

Notimetoloose 11-19-2015 06:30 PM

Wow, I need to start work on my to do list...and then my gunna list...procrastination queen here...this is a great thread to get motivated.

Can anyone tell me the etiquette around tai chi in the park?.

My daughter tells me that it is acceptable to join in. She has joined into the back row many times and feels so good afterwards.
I have not. as I wasn't sure of the etiquette and didn't want to seem disrespectful...also, I don't know if it something that the people have payed for the classes!

trachemys 11-19-2015 06:37 PM

Ah, tai chi is best practiced by novices

bigsombrero 11-19-2015 06:40 PM

I went out for coffee with a new friend! She's a recent college grad from Europe, traveling through the Americas. I was able to tell her a bit about Guatemala, and spoke a bit about how I came to live here and spun a few travel yarns. It felt great to share my experience with someone who was both interested and interesting!