Notices

Introducing myself

Old 11-14-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi there, Kr1s! You are doing a great job. Keep it up and you will see continuing improvements in your mental and physical health. This is a great place for advice and encouragement. I wish you the best.
Old 11-14-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Glad you're here and glad you posted. I had those early heartbeats too. What I came to realize was it is was just fear (false emotions appearing real) and my body wasn't connected with my spirit which wanted me being much better to myself. In recovery I am learning to be good to myself one moment at a time and make choices that are really really hard sometimes but est for my well-being and therefore those I would help around me.
God bless
Keep up the good work
A regular AA meeting schedule and an experienced sponsor can make all the difference
Old 11-14-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family. There's always someone here any time of day or night. I hope the support here can help you get sober for good.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:21 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nevertheless View Post
I too was taking blood pressure medicine,and it was still borderline high. I was kind of disappointed when I first quit,and it didn't come right down like a lot of people on here say happens. But somewhere around 6 to 8 months out it did come down. I quit taking medicine,and it still stayed down. That was almost 6 years ago.
I got a tooth pulled about a year ago,and they took my blood pressure right before doing it. Unbelievably it was perfect.
Whoa!!!! I had the SAME story! My blood pressure was consistently 180/something (my doctor called it "stroke level") when drinking and remained high 145/something for about 6-8 months of sobriety.

I was ALSO at the dentist recently (been sober 17 months now) and it's normal! Thanks for sharing.

Our bodies heal immensely when we stop poisoning them. The first year is miraculous.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
JD
You're not shackled to not drinking, you're free from drinking

I'm having a similar existence with blood pressure. I was typically 140/90 with meds before sobriety. I've now halved the meds and I'm 127/75. I'm going to try without any next week and see where I am. I'm only 62 days sober. So this is really great that the blood pressure is coming down.