Notices

Sober Motivation!

Old 11-05-2015, 07:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober Motivation!

HI! I feel good about how much i can accomplish staying sober. i can think clearly. Does anyone know why does alcohol kill a persons motivation? I know alcohol is a depressant, is that why? I remember being a daily hard drinker....and i just couldnt accomplish anything. Alcohol and sitting drinking it, also sucks up alotta time! I was just wondering about the motivation thing, also why does alcohol sap up a persons energy? THANKS!
Old 11-05-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I think because it turns into the only thing you're motivated to do. I've only got a few weeks now, but I've found myself a lot more orifice at even little things like keeping the house straightened up. I'm having a craving kind of morning and I'm using it to get motivated to get clean when I get home (around 6) until it's time to head over to a meeting at 8. Just deciding not to drink today had new note motivated than any drinking day ever did.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Argh, phone autocorrect... Get to cleaning the house and motivated not orifice .... Dunno where the phone got that one
Old 11-05-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

i recall feeling like that with cigarettes too. i could be all energetic light one up and POOF there went all my energy.

booze was a hair diff once i drank one i was usually in for the long haul so shortly there after nothing was gonna get done cuase i was gonna just get drunk instead.

I was never the type to drink all day long doing yard work or something. Once i started any productive activty ceased.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

OMG Grakbar, LOL. i had to read twice then i realized it said Orifice! LOL. I know, the stupid spell check on phones! I turned that feature off cuz its so annoying, and im a good speller. hahaha. Have a Good Day!
Old 11-05-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi ZJW....i know what U mean. doin lawn work and gettin drunk? Id have a couple drinks, pull a couple weeds, then say Forget this crap! I could drink sooo much too! Yea, once i started, drinking was my project of the day. id remember thinking, im gonna clean up these tons of dishes at my boyfriends house. so id have a few drinks, i washed a couple dishes..that was it. mess still there next day. plus im hungover from drinking all nite long. Unfortunately then i had to still clean mess, im sure i had more drinks..unless i was out.
Old 11-05-2015, 02:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

Lethargy & tiredness are normal in early sobriety it gets better at a guess I think it's cos the body soul mind nervous & immune systems are reconfiguring and working round the cloud hence night sweats & feeling lethargic
Old 11-06-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Drinking is an absolute total waste of time. ..Period.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It's soooo time consuming...the act of actually picking up the drink and consuming it, the act of going into the kitchen or to the wet bar and mixing another, the restroom breaks, the time it takes going out of ones way to the store to purchase the alcohol.

Can't speak for anyone else but personally trying to force eight or nine beers down my throat in a three hour time span took just about the entire three hours.

Then the exhaustion...hard to be motivated when one just wants to rest - not even hangover or lack of sleep exhaustion - just the weariness of an unhealthy and worn body sapped of its strength and nutrients even if one keeps a healthy diet (fun fact, alcohol prevents the bone marrow from full and healthy production of blood cells)

The. The depression that comes along with "why can't I stop? I'm ruining my life. I'm an embarrassment and a failure...I feel
Like a horrible person, I need to knock a few back to relax and stop stressing"

Those are just a few I thought of...
Old 11-06-2015, 08:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Absolutely nothing gets done. Dishes get piled up, someone else has to feed the dog, lawn is a mess, kids have to make sandwiches for dinner, friends and family come over to visit but you are throwing up your guts and don't wanna be bothered, job calls wondering why you missed yet another day, you wore the same clothes all weekend, laundry sits in unfinished piles...the list goes on and on...
Old 11-07-2015, 09:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

It was the hangovers that sapped my motivation. I would write lists and force myself to work through them. That was actually a decent habit that I still keep!