SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Just having a weird morning (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/378661-just-having-weird-morning.html)

Grakbar 11-05-2015 07:04 AM

Just having a weird morning

24 days sober today. I'm having kind of a weird morning at work, nothing really wrong but I just have been feeling a damn craving since I woke up today. Been checking the AA meeting list and plan to go to one after I'm done with thework day, figured I'd post on here as an accountability thing. Just feeling like I'm having a strange argument with myself, that other voice in my head is yelling pretty loudly this morning for some reason.

biminiblue 11-05-2015 07:07 AM

Tell it to shutup. I actually say, out loud, "No." whenever thoughts come up that are unwanted. Any thoughts, not just drinking thoughts.

I have to catch it early, before my brain grabs onto it. I use distraction, and acceptance that the thoughts are going to come, I don't have to act on them or even dwell on them.

zjw 11-05-2015 07:10 AM

i'd get going and a friend of mine would just say STOP! I know a lot oftimes when i have those unwanted thoughts issue a STOP! in my mind it tends to help and at least if anything raise the red alert in my mind to change course! .

120degrees0ut 11-05-2015 07:22 AM

Well it sure sounds like youre doing all the right things. I have cravings alot. but i keep myself constantly busy, and then craving will stop. Maybe when u get off work today, do something fun u enjoy for yourself!

Grakbar 11-05-2015 07:26 AM

Right now I'm taking to a couple of friends who support me in this one, and I think I'm gonna talk about it at a discussion meeting tonight. Just kinda throwing a bunch of accountability stuff out there while telling it to shut up.

ScottFromWI 11-05-2015 07:33 AM

Coming her and talking it through is a great idea Grakbar, same with hitting a meeting tonight.

Know too that these things do happen ( cravings, thoughts of drinking ) over time - our addiction dosen't just simply "go away". So it's normal and you are dealing with it in the best way that you can.

Lastly, remember that "cravings" are simply feelings. You have 100% choice as to how you react.

PurpleKnight 11-05-2015 10:39 AM

Day 24 is fantastic!! Keep pushing through!! :You_Rock_

Dee74 11-05-2015 01:52 PM

I hope your day got better Grakbar :)

D

Grakbar 11-05-2015 06:31 PM

I managed to make it from work to an early meeting then stuck around for the one right after. Stayed sober and the day got better. Just the weird start, but made it thru that.

brynn 11-05-2015 06:39 PM

Glad to hear you made it, Grakbar! Some days the AV is louder than others. Just keep telling it you don't drink anymore. You did good today. :)

bullmas 11-05-2015 07:30 PM

Just feeling like I'm having a strange argument with myself,

I been trying to give the negative voice in my head a chance to get along with me ,

it just haven't happen yet .

Day 24 is dynamite !!

Cheers

Soberwolf 11-05-2015 11:35 PM

Your awesome Grakbar

On The Road 11-06-2015 12:12 AM

Grakbar, you made some very important choices today that will help the next time this happens. The harder you fight now, the easier it becomes later - kinda like when you first start exercising and you're really sore for the first few weeks. After that your muscles adapt because they've become much stronger!

Verdantia 11-06-2015 01:31 AM

Good job, Grakbar!

waynetheking 11-06-2015 06:10 PM

Don't drink today. .its that simple.