Notices

So my Mom may have hit her rock bottom (again)

Old 10-29-2015, 11:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So my Mom may have hit her rock bottom (again)

Long story short... She was blasted as usual a couple of nights ago, and my father carried her to bed after finding her passed out on the living room floor when he got home from work.

Apparently she woke up to puke in the middle of the night and fell in the bathroom. Like very badly fell, to the point where she suffered a fractured orbital (eye socket), cheek bone, and has bleeding on her brain... WTF???!!!....

She'll be in hospital for a week or so at least so they can continue to monitor brain bleeding via cat scans, not to mention the fact that she'll need surgery on her eye and face for the broken bones.... She has now said that she is committed to the inpatient help and wants to get better, and I am so happy about that...

Yet right now, I'm about 17 deep in my hotel room. WTF is wrong with me??? I don't want that bottom!!! But nobody has a clue because of where I am at (very successful financially and otherwise)... I almost wish in a demented way that I'd have something similar happen to me to help me get right... Crazy thoughts...

Anyways, just venting... This disease is one F**ked up thing.... Thanks for listening...
Old 10-29-2015, 11:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

I'm sorry about you & your mum drinking is destroying you both

My life got better when I took alcohol off the menu
Old 10-30-2015, 12:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear that. This is the story I do not want my kids to have to write one day. This is my motivation.
I hope your mom gets better soon. Many of us are your mom but we are trying to get better. I hope she does too.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry to hear about your mother, but glad to hear she is getting good care and finally seems to understand that she desperately needs help for her drinking problem. I hope perhaps this can be a turning point for you to realize how deadly serious your problem is too. Even though you didn't fall and injure yourself, the fact that you are binge drinking in a hotel room to "deal" with it should be a massive red flag for you. Hopefully things will look a little different today and you can also take some steps to help yourself.