Notices

The Dental

Old 10-29-2015, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The Dental

Has this happened to anyone?
I have moving teeth. They really changed. I was told I grind them.
And, the dentist said drinking can contribute to this.
I said, drinking relaxes you, how am I grinding?
He said that alcohol is a toxin and your body is working trying to rid you of it and so you grind your teeth?

BS or what?

Whattaya think???
Old 10-29-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It's been my experience that dentists will put everything down to teeth grinding. They seem obsessed with it (but then they are dentists). Sounds like BS to me, but just my guess.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's what I think too.
Although I have had worn teeth for a long time like where you see the enamel gone. They didn't move a ton until about 2 or 3 years ago.
I am wracking my brains trying to figure why on earth I'd get a gap I never had in my life before.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My dentist tells me I grind my teeth too (I tend to break them easily). If I do grind them, it has to be when I am asleep because I know I don't do it when I am awake
Old 10-29-2015, 08:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Look up bruxism. It's the name for this. Seems alcohol can make it worse. It's not BS, look it up and study. Bruxism is very commonly a sign of stress. My teeth have moved a bit. The night guard helps against this.

Do not let this get out of hand. Get the night guard. It takes what it takes. I've had one since the early eighties.

Love from Lenina
Old 10-29-2015, 08:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's right bruxism.
Well shoot who woulda thought alcohol does this... I am too scared to look!
I want the night guard. I am extremely PO'd at my regular dentist for never mentioning this, I could have prevented this, I have been very disturbed that my face does not look like itself, I mean really, that is jarring and unnerving.
I think it's already out of hand though, 2 dentists said it was severe and I know for a fact my lips are feeling weird and my face looks longer from my teeth moving.
Old 10-29-2015, 08:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey Shabby btw my boyfriend said he watched the Death Note series and didn't see the movies. He said it was the last anime he watched! Years ago
Old 10-29-2015, 11:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ok Lenina I took a peek and sure enough alcohol intake makes bruxism worse, well I sure didn't see that coming. If this is all the consequence I think I can handle it, if this is all I get from my many years of drinking.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You're gonna love the movies :-) Way cool.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

i snt there something called a biter to help with grinding ?
Old 10-30-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i chewed through my first mouth guard. the second one was made of tougher stuff, but that made me clench my jaw HARD all night. ouch.

in sobriety, i only grind my teeth at night when i'm very stressed.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zjw

gonna be 38 this year and i think i've been to the dentist twice maybe in my life? I have no dental problems either lol dont listen to me tho! i got teeth issues but nothing thats so bad i'm running to a dentist.

So the moral to the story dont go to the dentist at all

really dont listen to me tho!! i'm a bad bad example of dental hygene!
Old 10-30-2015, 12:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Oh god I have had dental woes my whole life, brushing and flossing makes no difference there is always drama. I am sick to death of it and sick of always having debt cause of it it SUCKS I would like to buy some new clothes, my pants have been falling off me for 2 months and holes in my shoes, but well I have to have teeth. Makes me feel like absolute s***.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
zjw

i get various pains and i swear one day i'll go in just to get them all yanked out and i'll just blend all my meals or something heck as is 2 of the 3 get blended each day anyhow.

But i just cant afford the expense of going. i got insurance to o that will help but it doesnt cover everything. I'm really scared to open that can of worms and i'm like if its tolerable i'll keep tolerating.

I do get scared myself tho of getting an infected tooth one day i know if that happens i got like no choice gotta go and the debt will follow i'm sure.

my teeth arent pretty either never had braces or nothing but thats all cosmetic in my case.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:23 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

My whole da*n face has changed form the movement. I aged about ten years because my overbite is even worse now from my teeth all moving forward, someone even noticed and said I looked "cheek bony"- They are very sunken now and my teeth buck out really bad like when I was a kid. I am finding it hard to live with this, when I look in a mirror I see a face I am not used to, it really changed my appearance and I look like when I was a kid and they called me cruel names because of my bad overbite, It's extremely depressing. Before I lost weight people kept asking me if I did because my face looks gaunt from my teeth pulling my cheeks in and my smile not being as wide. This has drastically changed my appearance and I was told basically nothing I can do. It is traumatizing to have a sudden change in your face that makes you look a lot worse. It's really compounded by all the bullying I endured and ridicule even at the hands of my own family for being ugly the first 20 years of my life. I feel like I am in hell.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
zjw

ugg that sounds terrible. I hope you can find a way to not let it get to you. 5 years ago I would have told you so what who cares because back then i was never really concerned about my outward appearance and always figured whats the big deal what people think etc..

Fast forward tho i'm more paticular myself these days and can see how it can get to someone when they've got this issue or that issue with there appearance.

I guess we all have our demons in that regard. But its whats inside that matters most.

I do hope however you can get the dental issues squared away tho becuase appearances or not it sounds pretty concerning to say the least.
Old 10-30-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I've gotten the solutions. I have two pairs of teeth. I can use one while the other soaks. Brushing is easy. No flossing.