Notices

Weird thing to be grateful for

Old 10-21-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Weird thing to be grateful for

Hi SR, it's been a bit.

So, today I called in sick to work, and just had the thought that even though I feel like crap, at least I'm not calling in due to drinking.

No worrying that the doc will tell me I'm sick because of alcohol. Even after over 2 years, it's a strange feeling to not only not fear going to a doctor, but also to not be worried about what people are thinking about why I'm out.

Being sick still sucks, but it still beats a hangover. And it sure as hell beats the early days of my sobriety.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

i used to have a rule when i drank do the crime do the time. IE go into work hungover / still drunk i'd tell myself it was my punishment for the night of screwing around.

I think it stems from a boss i had years back. I strolled into work still drunk from the night before. I was working in a gas station i had to lock the doors and go barf in the bathroom and try and recover. finally at one point I called my boss was like I'm so sick I need to go home can you cover for me. he came in took one look at me grabbed a bottle of water and 2 ibrprofin handed them to me and said he new what was really up and i was not gonna get out of this I had to work that day said to go sit for an hour or so and he'd cover for me but after that i was on my own he was not gonna work my shift just because i drank my brains out the night before.

He was the best boss i ever had too! If i could find a job and a boss like that again *sigh*
Old 10-21-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think part of the reason why we always came into work hungover is because we can't do that forever lol, have to either give up the alcohol or suffer. I came up with ways around that, such as going to bed earlier, taking an ice cold shower, drinking a gallon of water etc. Still had thoughts of calling in just about every morning though.

Thats great that you quit and I hope you feel better Sanantoniosober
Old 10-21-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
zjw

lol yeah if i called in everytie i drank to much it woulda been every day lol.

god i remember those mornings tho. the alarm would go off and i'd think good god no not again and be about to cry i'd basicly fall out of bed wishing i could just blow my brains out then and there rather then face another day at my horrid job etc..

My job hasnt changed its still pretty horrid. But removing the alcohol from my life i at least never have mornings like that anymore. I might wake up a bit frustrated about having to go tot his job again or something but thats the extent of it.
Old 10-21-2015, 02:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I get it sanantoniosober
Congrats on your sober time

D