Notices

Yesterday was a month

Old 10-20-2015, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yesterday was a month

I feel bleh bleh bleh - either the pink cloud has worn off or my yearly four months of SAD is settling in (I had hoped that was alcohol induced but apparently it really may just be a seasonal thing)

The beginning of every fall I'm always stoked because it's always been the season of change to me, everything is possible but after a couple weeks it wears off and then I'm just disgruntled until Spring.

And my ex husband is taking me to court for the fifth time? Sixth time? So I get to go meet with my attorney tomorrow. Again. I can't even keep track anymore. Eh. Bleh. I'm seriously considering asking her if there are steps that can be taken to prevent this because after this many failed lawsuits it's got to be some form of legal harassment. My laundry room is flooded, maintenance says my washer is leaking and after much back and forth arguing that it's not he discovered that the gasket on the pipe that the washer hose connects to has broken - but that doesn't change that the laundry room is flooded lol can I catch a break already??

I feel like that angry looking cat there's pictures of everywhere. Grump cat I think?

But hey, here's looking forward to two months and the ridiculous amount of money I'm saving.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sorry you are having a bad day Kallista, but the best news of all is that you are a month sober now and much better prepared to deal with it all. Best of luck with your attorney, hopefully you can figure out a long-term solution to deal with your ex husband. And now that they know where the leak is hopefully you will have a dry laundry room soon!
Old 10-20-2015, 08:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks, I hope something will be worked out.

Two lawsuits ago the judge told him that if he saw him in his courtroom again he's going to jail. His and his attorney's solution? Get them in front of different judges. Sadly it's always the same thing. Over and over again. He's convinced I'm satan incarnate because he can't control me anymore and is this wonderful narcissist that's able to talk his way into and out of everything. My attorney and I have speculated on different ways to get him back in front of that judge but ultimately he's re-married with a toddler and I don't want to put him in jail if it could be helped - the poor man is a walking disaster and leaves a trail of destruction behind him - failed jobs, relationships, friendships, etc - who has to get a new phone number five or six times a year??

But anywho - going to get that two month deadline
Old 10-20-2015, 09:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good Job Kallistia!

Hey at least this time approaching Fall, you'll be sober right? Something to look forward to anyway.

Hope you are sticking in there, at least you're handling all this sober, I'm sure your mind will be sharp and clear to solve all these problems now.
Old 10-20-2015, 09:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

1 Month is great Kallista!!
Old 10-20-2015, 10:39 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Way to go on a month!
Sorry to hear you are having trouble with the ex.
You're very strong to persevere despite all of that
Try some light exercise for the SAD thing.
I am the opposite... I come alive in the cooler months and my anxiety decreases. Come Spring, I'm a nervous depressed wreck.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:31 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats on a month, it's not easy. Be proud of yourself.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks guys

Honestly...I just don't even have any desire to drink...the thought of it actually turns my stomach a little which is great...but the last week or two I've been hit with insane dope cravings and other than handfuls of pain pills a couple times a week and Xanax that was prescribed to me a couple of years back to help with alcohol withdrawal that I never abused and stopped taking after a year when I realized one that it was helping and two I was clearly not using it for its intended purpose since I was taking it and still abusing alcohol, I haven't touched dope in at least seven years or more. That's really odd...have no desire to touch any dope either but just wild cravings for it out of no where.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the person that always has something wrong with them...focus too much on the negative...new goal is to start focusing more on the positive while continuing on this relearning to live my life as a sober person path
Old 10-20-2015, 07:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 30 days Kallistia

I think crazy thoughts come with the territory in early recovery - the important thing is our responses.

Thats the real measure of recovery

D
Old 10-20-2015, 07:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good job! Happy for you and 30 days! Stay strong
Old 10-20-2015, 07:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

One month is great keep it up!

Old 10-20-2015, 08:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great job!