Notices

I totaled my car

Old 10-20-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

You know I haven't shed one tear over this whole episode......it's like I'm numb to it. I think that's the Prozac. And I know it's that's not normal. This DUI paperwork will end up going to my brothers house. I haven't called him in over a year after he abandoned me and told me not to call him , then he saw me 6 months later and he said......you can call me now. Pfffff. When I called today I left a message didn't say this is your sister like I always did. I said this is Debbie........let me know if I get any mail......and just leave it in the mailbox. When I got arrested......calling my brothers never entered my mind. That's how absolutely disconnected I am from them.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:26 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

There are a lot of dynamics going on here.......it's not just drinking. I have emotional problems that I can't seem to get over. I could careless about my family members, only one brother drinks but he certainly over indulges , cheats on his wife all the time and my other brother doesn't drink but is abusive to his kids and all females. He hates females. Complains about what trash they are all the time. I'm the good guy here.....I don't abuse anyone just myself.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Debbie329 View Post
I don't know how AA is in your neck of the woods but around here we got a drug court judge who sends everyone to AA......most of them don't want to be there they are just being complaint.....they don't go to therapists they're not actively trying to be sober........I don't want to be around those people, that why I come here. We're here cause we wanna be and we all are working to stay sober. That's the group I want to belong to.
Meetings like the ones you refer to almost led me to quit AA. But I shopped around and found two that had people that were serious about their sobriety and the program. They are out there but they can be a challenge to find.
Old 10-20-2015, 07:50 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

You are right. It's not about "just the drinking". You have to work on recovery and the underlying issues. In order to do that the best thing to do is focus on yourself for right now.
Old 10-20-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thank you sg......your right I have to focus on me. I'm going to start studying again tomorrow........I have 3 tests left . I won't even answer my phone while I'm doing that.