Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XV: "Is a Moo Dawn, Is a Moo Day, Is a Moo Life" ...kind of.

Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XV: "Is a Moo Dawn, Is a Moo Day, Is a Moo Life" ...kind of.

Old 11-03-2015, 06:47 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

It's so funny you should say that, because I was just saying that to my son in the car. He asked me if anhedonics could feel sadness, and I was saying it would seem so. Nice mother nature didn't leave something out eh? :-( I think if I'm right the problem is that the OD will have blown out your dopamine receptors? Dopamine being the 'feel good' pleasure/sense of reward neurotransmitter. So yes, sadness is not affected, only happiness. Effing terrific.

Cow, sorry to be a pain, but when was the last time you had a PET scan? I know you've had them but was wondering when the last one was. I'm afraid this problem has put me into over-solvey overdrive :-) I shed a few tears today.

P.S. I got an effing parket ticket from those effing motha effers for being 15 mins late back to my car.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Shabs, sweet Shabs. You just gonna has to trust me when I say I has the best medical care. Many scan of brain and such. Is okay, I also total over-solvey too and has done more research on my issues and plus also tried more treatments that I can even lists here. Both traditional, alternative, experimental and total freaking woo woo.

But yes, I blow out my pleasure sensors with meth. Plain and simple. And they just never come back. Some users is luckier, but I altered fundamentally. (Kids, just say no!!)

You not a pain, Shabs. Never. I really looking forward to move in with you.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Noooooo!!!

There must be a goddamn effing solution!!! Ugggghhh. I think I better move on from bargaining into anger, or denial. Denial's good
Old 11-03-2015, 08:04 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Please no cry for me Shabs. If I may, one of my favorite episode from my FB show:
Teddy: Hey buddy, I heard your pet rock died. Can I make you a tasty grilled cheese?
Cow: No, Teddy. Even tasty grill cheese can no warm cold black void of death. Spot my best friend for 14 year!
Teddy: I know, he …wait, what? Really?! Cuz remember how I went to prison twice for you and told the cops the drugs were mine, and stayed by your side through 3 comas! I mean, Spot usually just kind of, sat there.
Cow: He a very good listener, Teddy!
Teddy: I’m sorry Cow, of course he was. So, do they know the cause of death?
Cow: Coroner say cause of death was: erosion.
Teddy: Dammit! We’ve lost so many to that! When will it end! Where is the freaking ribbon for that, huh?! Where’s the Goddamn 3-Day Marathon to end erosion?! … Are you gonna be alright, Cowboy?
Cow: I okay, Teddy, I just working through 5 Stage of Grief: Denial, Angers, Bargaining, Ice Cream, and Hookers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
blankiesmall.JPG (14.2 KB, 173 views)
Old 11-03-2015, 08:08 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Effer won't let me post what I want...

Lol....love it!!!!

Where will teddy live if you come to NZ?
Old 11-03-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Were you a Greg the Bunny fan cow?
Old 11-03-2015, 08:45 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Cow, I guess I don't really think about it too much but I'm happy. Sometimes, I feel like I am a goofy Labrador retriever who goes along thinking everything is alright even though somebody just stole my bone.
Oh, a little secret, I was so embarrassed of how out of hand my place was getting and believe me I tried like heck to clean before she came over but in the end I just blamed cancer. I threw cancer under the bus. For all the inconvenience it has caused me it should pay for something.
I like the erosion story. Clever.
Old 11-03-2015, 08:46 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

I haven't seen that one, sleeps, is it good?

I always gave Ted a wide berth thinking it would be crap but it was on t.v. a few weeks back and surprisingly it was really funny. It opens with a scene where Ted is puffing away on the end of a bong. Great line when Ted's in bed with them because he's scared of thunder and asks Mila Kunis if she can set the alarm for 11.00 am for him because he had a lot to get done tomorrow :-)
Old 11-03-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Bloody hell, I would say so, Puffy! 'Inconvenience' is a euphemism if ever I heard one! You're one hell of a trooper. I reckon a masseuse would be in order too, if you like that sort of thing :-)
Old 11-03-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

It's pretty funny Shabby it's Seth Green and Sarah Silverman is in it a bit too and some others, it was a comedy series with puppets saying and doing very inappropriate things, very un pc.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btDZsIUMZH4
an "Easy Rider" spoof.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:10 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Heh heh....definitely sounds like my cup of tea. Remember Basil Brush? I loved him. Had a stuffed one too. I must have been a sick and twisted kid because I pretended I was a dental nurse and gave my toys fillings. I used a coat hanger, string and a ball point pen as the 'drill' and fillings and topped it off with nail polish.
Old 11-03-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

That's brilliant!!!! I'll be looking it up for more :-D
Old 11-03-2015, 09:12 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Oh wow no I'll have to look it up!
Old 11-03-2015, 09:21 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Puff! That awesome. I was just thinking other day, if I "come back" it has to be as dog with good owner. Cuz dogs is just happiest things on Earth. They can has abuse or total painful injury but they still gonna crawl across floor, tail wagging, cuz they so happy to see you.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:59 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I'm glad I'm stuck on the ice cream stage--don't think I can afford the hookers at the moment.
Old 11-04-2015, 01:16 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Heh heh, Hawkeye. Mr TS had a good laugh at Cow's 5 stages of grief :-D

Elsk - that meeting must have been hard (((hugs))) My mother was brought up on a farm. They were very poor. My mother's father left the family and died young, and my mother's mother left the kids when mum was 4 years old, and the 4 of them had to go and live with their Victorian, vicious aunty who was the eldest of the 14 Irish Catholic brood (my grandmother was the youngest and was a tearaway). Anyway, long-winded.... they often didn't have shoes and used to warm their feet up in the freshly done cow pats. I think I would take the frozen feet!!
Old 11-04-2015, 01:47 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

I am verklempt. I have to wait till I come back for hookers.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

How are you tonight cow?
Old 11-04-2015, 08:50 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by puffy View Post
I threw cancer under the bus. For all the inconvenience it has caused me it should pay for something.
While you're at it,Puffy, drive the effing snowplow over it, too.

I know a thing or two about erosion...

❤️M