SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Alcoholism (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/)
-   -   Bleh (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/alcoholism/377484-bleh.html)

Kallistia 10-15-2015 04:03 PM

Bleh

I've been in the dumps since Tuesday. Like absolutely nothing seems to be going well and everyone seems to have major PMS!

Or I'm just not taking things like I normally do.

Bleh. So bleh.

trachemys 10-15-2015 04:38 PM

Here. Cheer up.

https://scontent-b.cdninstagram.com/...87553639_n.jpg

Soberwolf 10-15-2015 04:39 PM

:hug: hang in there I had a crappy few days recently

biminiblue 10-15-2015 04:41 PM

It will pass. I had that yesterday. Sorry you caught it next.

:lmao trach

Holds1325 10-15-2015 04:50 PM

The down in the dumps feeling is very common during early sobriety, i think its because our addictive voice is trying hard to get us to drink over it, itll use anything, stress, fear, boredom, even good times.

It lets up even for an overly anxious depressed person like me.

What gets me out of it is doing something fun out of the ordinary, buying something nice for myself, going and doing something i like to do, like going for a drive, or seeing a friend. We have to be gentle with ourselves during this time, so its okay to treat ourselves good, infact we have to do this in order to keep our sanity! im kidding but it does help to take some time for yourself to do what makes you happy.

zjw 10-15-2015 05:02 PM

does that rainbow butterfly thinking poop rainbows?

good thing about life is it moves forward one way or another sooner or later it'll pass.

not to take my own advice i got shot nerves this evening as well.

Kallistia 10-15-2015 06:25 PM

Ready for the weekend mainly I think - my boss is severely menopausal and I'm trying to not take her personally but this flipping out for no reason and belittling is getting very, very old. She's awesome, fantastic at her job, but some of her habits are becoming unbearable - she's been as mad as hell over things that don't make much sense.

Tuesday morning it was flipping out because she needed a figure for a year to date income for 2014 from a client and I didn't ask the client...I had a reason to not ask the client...and she's raging about how I better hope she can find something for the year to date income in the file...and she did and then she's raging at me that I'm lucky that the clients tax return was in there. I knew it was, but she's convinced she's infallible and never erred so it's easier to just not say anything.
Wednesday she's losing it because I didn't clear it through her about a client refilling because I cleared it through the head partner of a firm - she's "had it up to here with me acting like she's nothing" - wasn't aware I had to clear client retention and money coming into the firm through her and the client had called about a completely different issue that worked its way around to her needing to speak to the attorney and re-file. Today I ask her if she wants me to handle something or if she's wants me to do it myself, something she told me to ask the attorney about yesterday which I did, swears she never told me to ask him - I said "okay" and left her office.

I am so damn sick of asking her questions and having my head bit off, being told that I must be determined to not listen to what she says. To just wing it, that she doesn't give a ---- (that's verbatim)!that it's not her job it's mine, that she doesn't have time for it, as nauseum...and if I ask her boss the attorney I'm going behind her back then getting belittled and silent treatment and passive aggressive behavior. I've worked it out that she's miserable and misery loves company because the days I let her attitude slide off my back are the worst days because those are the days that she comes at me and comes at me and comes at me until she finally does upset me then she seems satisfied and leaves me alone...it's the oddest thing.

Then there's losing it if the attorney asks me to do something and I do it and she wants to know why the hell I did it without clearing it through her. Um, while she may be my direct superior he signs my paycheck and if he tells me to jump I'm jumping. She's always on about how I need to just "talk to the lady that knows what's going on" but I can't talk to her without having my head bit off. She went off on me several mornings in a row for not going into her office and telling her good morning and wishing her a good day. Wtf. My office is in the back, hers is in the front, we enter through the back door, info in and go into my office and start work...doesn't seem logical to go to her office and tell her good morning when we ca small talk bumping into each other throughout the day.

Sorry, that was a bit of a dump there...don't really have a lot of people to talk to because everyone I know has their own problems going on right now.

Kallistia 10-15-2015 06:27 PM

I should have known not to take the position when it was offered...repeatedly...because the firm has always had a really high turnover for my position, I'm the 6th person in ten years, now I understand why

Debbie329 10-16-2015 02:48 PM

She sounds like a chronic stressor........she'll drive you to drink. My advice tell her she makes you feel overwhelmed and to stop it but I'd also look for another job.......she's demeaning and abusive.

trachemys 10-16-2015 03:10 PM

Kalli, put on your game face and tell her: "If you don't stop this crap, I will abandon you. You'll have just another in a long line of failed associates." Done it to several people and reality can snap them out of it.

Just make sure you have a clear exit path when you do this. I joke but, I had to defend myself one time. effing psycho.

waynetheking 10-16-2015 08:06 PM

Just don't drink over this, thats the main thing. Hang in there!

Kallistia 10-16-2015 09:52 PM

Thanks for the tips y'all, I will try them out

I'm not going to drink - I'm not going to let my AV convince me that there's anything that can be a valid reason to drink again.

Soberwolf 10-17-2015 02:50 AM

:c014:

juppe 10-18-2015 09:43 PM

I had to deal with someone like this at work. It was so frustrating! She would stress me out so bad I'd break out in cold sores. In hindsight, at least I can joke that she gave me herpes :lmao there was nothing funny about the situation though I was miserable and had to move on

Kallistia 10-21-2015 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by juppe (Post 5605448)
I had to deal with someone like this at work. It was so frustrating! She would stress me out so bad I'd break out in cold sores. In hindsight, at least I can joke that she gave me herpes :lmao there was nothing funny about the situation though I was miserable and had to move on

She's the reason I can't sleep! lol - that is a great lead in for a story though! "One time I had this boss so bad that she gave me herpes..."

I received quite a bit of relief this morning - Monday I was so stressed out I ended up giving myself a migraine and thought I was going to vomit.

Anyhow, today I have a couple of appointments this afternoon that I cleared through her and her superior quite a few days back. She asks me if I'm returning after one of the appointments because apparently she has forgotten the others. I reminded her and then it was stomping around, slamming doors, throwing things down, being cussed at and belittled and threatened to be terminated (that's one of her favorites) she goes bombing down the hallway cussing trying to light a cigarette on her way out the door, can't get the lighter to work throws it down, can't get another one to work and throws it down - starts going off about how she's always getting ****ed over and she's tired of it so I went to her boss, dude that hired me, and asked if I was at risk of terminated because "she's upset about me taking the afternoon off and I'm pretty sure I cleared it through y'all beforehand."

He started laughing, reassured me that no I'm not at risk for termination - and that's the end of it. She's told me multiple times that he's been about to fire me but he has never approached me about anything so I wasn't sure - so apparently she's just been pulling that out of her backside as a threat whenever she feels like it and it has no credibility whatsoever. That's a major relief.

She can keep on flipping out because it's not going to bother me when the man that has the authority to terminate me hasn't even considered it.

- She's locked me out of her office. What in the hell.

sugarbear1 10-21-2015 06:47 PM

full moon in one week.......

dru1085 10-21-2015 06:50 PM

sounds like you need a nice hot shower or bath with bubbles and stuff , candles etc.. :D my gf used to calm down on her PMS when she had a nice hot bath... rofl tmi yeah. I take Hot showers after stressful stuff or play basketball ! I missed you tho Kal !!! I am back on the sober train hopefully.

Kallistia 10-21-2015 07:26 PM

Dru!!!!!!

Dude!!!!!!

How was the wedding??

dru1085 10-21-2015 07:37 PM

I slipped. But I am staying positive... The wedding was amazing! Cali is pretty fun no lie. Lots of temptations there so I am glad I am back home lol. Getting back into a healthier routine. How about you, how have you been?

Kallistia 10-21-2015 08:16 PM

Right on dude!

Welcome back :D and you can be better prepared now - glad that you enjoyed the wedding and time with your family. Cali is gorgeous