Notices

new behaviour.. acting crazy

Old 10-09-2015, 09:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

new behaviour.. acting crazy

I've been noticing a new behaviour from my drinking..

When I reach blackout point or really really drunk yet still concious I turn violent and end up throwing a glass, smashing a glass or throwing a drink on or at someone. Acting embarassing and stupid yelling insults at people. I recently had got arrested again for public intoxication after a bartender refused to serve me then I verbally attacked her and left she called the police.

I'm going to have to just quit drinking.. it sucks but I lose my temper and it gets worse. I'm trying to get back in shape as well the alcohol packs a lot of calories and won't help anything.

I really need to stop drinking and move on.. did or does anyone else get like this?

Ican't go to a few local pubs now from my antics and make a fool out of myself it's quite embarrassing. I've also lost a good friend/lover I got loaded and said things I can't take back and acted really out of line last weekend. We havent spoke since. This drinking is getting to be too much.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

The side effects of alcoholism are progressive, and everyone is different but yes - others do reach a point in their drinking where they lose physical self control.

The good news is though that all of the problems you describe are preventable and you have the choice if you want to keep suffering through them or not. Are you prepared to do what it takes to get sober? It is hard work but worth it many times over in the end.
Old 10-09-2015, 09:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sounds like it's time. Well, sounds like it's been time for a long while now.

What is stopping you from seeking professional help? Your past posts are pretty alarming in the severity of your problem over the past few years.

Have you tried any rehabs or counseling? I take it from past posts that you don't believe in AA? You've proven time and again that you aren't doing well on your own. What is your plan?
Old 10-09-2015, 10:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Sounds like it's time. Well, sounds like it's been time for a long while now.

What is stopping you from seeking professional help? Your past posts are pretty alarming in the severity of your problem over the past few years.

Have you tried any rehabs or counseling? I take it from past posts that you don't believe in AA? You've proven time and again that you aren't doing well on your own. What is your plan?
I am not ready to follow AA. I don't have enough knowledge of AA to believe or not. I've only gone to open discussion once. My life is all screwed up again.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
The side effects of alcoholism are progressive, and everyone is different but yes - others do reach a point in their drinking where they lose physical self control.

The good news is though that all of the problems you describe are preventable and you have the choice if you want to keep suffering through them or not. Are you prepared to do what it takes to get sober? It is hard work but worth it many times over in the end.
This is a reason I love SR great advice
Old 10-09-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I would beat myself with a claw hammer - I have discolored patches and slight indents all over my thighs from I guess just the massive tissue damage...and the alcohol made it so much worse because I couldn't really feel it...and it's no fun being known as the town drunk :/

So yes, I understand.

You can take the steps to heal yourself, and repair your reputation - you just gotta do it man. No one is going to do it for you and any help you receive is only going to be as good as you let it...you got it though, you can do it. Just gotta get your head around it.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

HARD FACTS—ALCOHOL and JAIL: According to the Department of Justice (DOJ), 37% of almost 2 million convicted offenders currently in jail, report that they were drinking at the time of their arrest.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hey cocopuff

There is an easy solution if your life keeps getting screwed up from drinking ... just STOP drinking ... unless you CAN'T stop drinking ...

If so ... what ya gonna do?

If your life keeps getting screwed up from drinking and you can't stop ... that is why AA is there. And, that is why so many people like myself have a Renewed Life thru working the 12 Steps of AA.

Or ... you can just drunk again (and again, and again, etc) and HOPE the consequences don't kill you, or someone else, or ...

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Check out Rational Recovery/AVRT if AA doesn't click.

I know it's a broken record, but you have to want to stop drinking. I'm the last one to "preach" because I'm working on a hellacious hangover right now. But I know I'm the one responsible for my drinking.
Old 10-09-2015, 10:49 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by cocopuff3315 View Post
I am not ready to follow AA.
Then the question is what ARE you ready to follow? Getting sober is about facing/accepting your addiction and then taking concrete, actionable steps to live without alcohol. There are many ways to do that, AA is only one. But be aware that none of them are "easy". Each method/plan is going to require you do do things you to NOT want to do. For one, not drinking, and our addiction hates that idea.

So what are you willing to do? If you keep drinking it's only going to get worse.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi Cocopuff
I think this happens to a lot of people...lots and lots. I don't know the exact reason. Part of it may be due to tolerance. Alcoholics can drink a lot but the neurotoxin hasn't decreased in its potency just because our tolerance increases. Alcohol is also lowers inhabitions...a lot. So we do things we normally would never do. I think also alcohol will bring out and amplifies feelings of anger and resentment...in the same way it can bring out and amplifies feelings of happiness. There are happy drunks and angry drunks....as my drinking progressed, I became angrier and angrier. Pretty ugly stuff.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Lots of people quit without AA. I am one of them. I just like knowing that they are out there in case I need them. At the end of the day, the important thing is to just stay sober.
Old 10-10-2015, 08:51 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

What they said. Let us know what we can do to help. You can do this, if we can, you can.
Old 10-10-2015, 09:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

If not AA there is Smart recovery, AVRT, Lifering

Soooo many options something for everyone I'm with what Scott said 5000%
Old 10-10-2015, 09:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Into the Void

Read some books on quitting drinking? I like:

The Easy Way to Control Alcohol by Allen Carr
The Small Book by Jack Trimpey
Empowering your Sober Self by Martin Nicolaus
Alchohol Lied to Me by Craig Beck
Sober for Good by Anne Fletcher

All available as audiobooks on iTunes - listen while you work out or drive around!
Old 10-13-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Im going to read these books. I enjoyed reading Dry the last time i had gotten sober. Im going to check these out.