Notices

One month update

Old 10-08-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One month update

Not posting much but still going strong at 1 month.

The only issue kicking my butt is the lack of sleep, I haven't been asleep for longer than a 2 hour stretch at any one time in several days. I average 4-5 hours total of broken light sleep a night, and it is taking its toll.

RLS is involved, my physician and I are trying Mirapex, which is kind of helping the creepy crawlies but even without them I cannot fall asleep or stay there.

We've tried various sleep medications, the only ones that work affect me such that I can't work the next morning, so I can only use it once a week to catch up and keep my sanity.

I really need the sleep to get better, or.. get any at all. It's very very taxing on my mental state and the only source of frustration large enough to risk a meltdown and relapse. Not today though. Not today.

Keep up the good fight, everyone.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

RG can relate ! most of the time I sleep less than 3hrs a night even after doing a lot of hard work to tire out, but I know is just my system adjusting to, not having all those toxic poisons circulating constantly in my body, and in time I'll be sleeping a lot better! Stay in the game RG!

Cheers
Old 10-08-2015, 09:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Lack of sleep it sooo tough - I've struggled with it all my life. Good work on staying the path to work through it.

Good news is that after my brain rewired itself during the first months and I started to feel calmer and get better sleep at the start of my second month. I hope that happens to you too.
Old 10-08-2015, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 10-08-2015, 11:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I was never a good sleeper, even when passing out to start the night I'd be awake 4-5 hours later (and still quite drunk).. so I expect this to be my main area of struggle.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Have you spoke to a Dr about help for insomnia I used to suffer with this on & off
Old 10-08-2015, 12:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I still experience insomnia here and there and then when its time to wake up, my body wants sleep!

The first 2 months I slept horrible, I'd wake up every 2 hours and be wide awake and think oh no come on,its only midnight? Was hoping it was like at least 3am or something. What helped me anyway was exercise and just waiting it out.

Nowadays I still wake up but not until after 5-6 hours or so and then I either fall asleep or just get up for the rest of the day because its pointless. I do like those long stretches though much better than waking up every 2 hours.

I never did take sleep meds though.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Have you spoke to a Dr about help for insomnia I used to suffer with this on & off
Yes I am up front with my doctor about what's going on with sobriety so she can treat me accordingly. We've found things that sorta work but leave me non functional in the morning. Ambien/Lunesta.. help me stay asleep but not get to sleep, so I might still be lying there at 2-3 am before I drift off.

it's very frustrating, but I know it will get better. You don't just wear off the damage of 25 years of daily drinking in 31 days.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

1 Month is fantastic!! Keep it going!!