Notices

I think I'm ready to go sober again

Old 10-07-2015, 12:32 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by QuietToday View Post
It's certainly tough. For me this is the second time I've seriously quit booze, and while I fell off, it was only for a month before I caught myself. So I still feel rather close to sober thinking in that way, which is why I'm doubling up with going for smokes too---

But gosh, I don't know. To be honest I just took a walk around campus (it's 3am; nicotine jives got me), and I found a perfect cigarette on the ground. It was a 100 and broke at the filter, so I guess someone tossed it---
Yeah. I broke that filter off and smoked the thing and it was absolutely the best thing I've ever tasted in the world :P

So I'm not quite there yet. I threw them out, and haven't bought any--- but if I find one when I'm craving, or even muster up the courage to try and bum one from somebody, I probably will.

Gotta' keep trying, anyway!
lol i would have done the same thing. most important thing right now is staying away from alcohol tho, at least for me, cuz while cigarettes are more dangerous to your physical well being over time, alcohol can really screw your life up at the foundation in a matter of hours. keep it up tho, i admire your dedication!
Old 10-07-2015, 12:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tenspeedblender View Post
lol i would have done the same thing. most important thing right now is staying away from alcohol tho, at least for me, cuz while cigarettes are more dangerous to your physical well being over time, alcohol can really screw your life up at the foundation in a matter of hours. keep it up tho, i admire your dedication!
Thanks And I definitely agree. I don't really like to go into the "Lesser Evil" topic because that's one of those ideas that we can all kind of warp around in bad ways without knowing we are, but still--- alcohol is certainly the #1 in my book also, and while I am definitely not belittling the true negative feelings I get from cigs anymore, the booze is still the first thing that needs to be assuredly kicked out, and now.
I figure I can stand a little more without letting the cigs back in, but I swear if I get one more screwball thrown my way I'm literally sprinting to buy a pack!
Old 10-07-2015, 09:22 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Happiness and a lifetime of achievement and being the best you can be. It's $150 one time investment. Any buyers?
Old 10-10-2015, 04:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
AlmA

QT how are you doing???
are you still sober I hope and that you are moving forward.

Hope you managed to see the counsellor at college

Keep up with the good work and you will get far awake