Notices

nervous

Old 10-01-2015, 07:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

nervous

Now I have 2 doctor appointments next week.
the waiting and testing and results are going to kill me. Or worse It'll be a referral, more waiting, more dread. Doctors doctors doctors, everyone here is always in a hurry to tell you to go to the doctor... I did and I wish I hadn't, I might be better off, instead I have been a nervous wreck due to being told I am prediabetic, and now it will probably be something worse.
Last time I went I got some not too great news and it ate me alive. I have not been the same since.
Now I've been losing weight for no reason, which does NOT happen to me. I am not on a diet, I am not exercising, I am not doing anything but wasting apparently.
Would be nice if life could give me a break just once.
I have never, EVER lost one single pound from simply quitting drinking in the past. So I know whatever it is it isn't going to be good.

Would love to catch a break just once. It's been a long, crappy life.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
zjw

never know tho your off the benzos off the booze who knows. but yeah it could be a bad thing too.

I'm not a huge doctor advocate myself basicly because of the reasons you just describe lol. But the best advice I can give aside fromt hat is when faced with this sort of stuff. I try and leave my problems over there per say. IE try not to be attached to them so much and allow them to eat me up. Especially if it sstuff you got no control over in the immediate present moment.

Kinda like a cross the bridge when you get to it appraoch in the meantime try and act like the bridge doesnt even exist. it works to a degree for me some stuff will still eat me alive tho if i let it or something.

Loosing weight for no apparent reason tho yeah my mind would be wondering about that too lol. But yea it could be nothing too could be a good thing who knows.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

The job is to persist. This is the underworld. Days like sleep walking through the grey.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

At the DMV. Seriously almost got some nips for the subway ride. Maybe the problem is loyalty to my parents own dysfunctional world. I loved them and followed them, wanted to be around them. And there was never an alternative. Well, the alternative was me white knuckling it in an indifferent world where I was never good enough for anything
Old 10-01-2015, 10:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Damn.. You she be a little positive about something. Your a real bummer to listen to. It could be a lot worst. We all go through ****, but at some point you need to get a grip....
Old 10-01-2015, 10:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
under new management

love you sleepie, I am off to my holiday but have you wrapped in a big hug
Old 10-01-2015, 10:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sleepie, I tend to lose weight quickly when I am in an emotional turmoil and especially nervous, without changing my activity level or diet. And I don't really need weight loss, not since I was a kid anyway. Even if you have never experienced this, the whole thing about quitting drinking, the benzo taper, and generally experiencing your feelings more vividly might have that kind of effect without any other physical disaster. I understand the anxiety though, I'm prone to it in all sorts of forms. The best is really to go through with those doctor visits, much better than avoiding and trying to push the fears away because they never really disappear in my experience.
Old 10-01-2015, 10:54 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Old 10-01-2015, 11:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Tc4ever View Post
Damn.. You she be a little positive about something. Your a real bummer to listen to. It could be a lot worst. We all go through ****, but at some point you need to get a grip....
compassion: "once you have seen the face of god you see this same face on everyone you meet"

Everyones got there struggles. I think some folks need more positive reinforcement then others is all and theres really nothing wrong with that.
Old 10-01-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

But...and please understand...not knowing does not make the problem not exist. Having not seen the doctor would not make not pre-diabetic, instead it would make you have a condition you are unaware of that is not being treated.

Scary doctor, yes, but scary doctor will help with the problems that are already there - these are steps in the right direction and steps that need to be taken for a recovered and healthier you...it may be scary and very boo right now, but it will be good for you in the future to nip these things in the bus now instead of letting them fester into even bigger issues.

This is a positive, even if it does not seem so right now
Old 10-01-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I love autocorrect - nothing has ever made me look so illiterate! Lol
Old 10-01-2015, 11:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Kallistia View Post
I love autocorrect - nothing has ever made me look so illiterate! Lol
heck its an improvement on my illiterateness lol.

see what i did there ::facepalm::
Old 10-01-2015, 11:39 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

For the above commentator, this is an anonymous online forum. It is kind of like anonymity within anonymity. Its not in your face at all. Maybe go and look at some kitty cat pictures or something?
Old 10-01-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well, Tc4ever
You are more than welcome to stay off this thread.

As for the prediabetes I was told it may go away after abstinence, so who knows, maybe I never would have known and it would have just gone away and I would not have spent weeks going nuts about it and worried.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:32 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

And if I have cirrhosis or something which seems pretty likely, what's even the point of knowing, there is no cure. I'm just going in case it's cancer. There's just no other logical explanation, but I know that weight loss without trying is very bad.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sleepie, I was diagnosed as pre diabetic too some years ago. Quit obsessing and take care of yourself. I thought you had joined Cow in the cleansing diet? no?

Coming off drugs and alcohol it's common for your moods to be all over the place and that sense of impending doom is also very, very common.

My grandfather always said that if you go to enough doctors, you'll find one to kill you.

It must be hard being OCD. Is this a part of your LD? Can you learn to meditate? I use counted breaths to help me relax.

Please read over your old posts and see what is a common issue. Please read Louise Hays. "You can heal your life".

You may have heard a axiom "As a man thinks, so shall he be."

I tell you this with love. It's time to move forward, you can do it, and if I haven't mentioned it you before, I have a number of health issues. Many of us here do. I can choose to focus on those and suffer or choose to live as healthy a life I can. Obsession and stressing over these things make it all worse.

Quit bullying yourself, OK?

Love from Lenina
Old 10-01-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

And, for the record, Tc4ever?
Go ahead and check out my many other posts to find me encouraging other members, in particular new ones.
Never, ever would I tell someone going through something that they are a "bummer". Also, had you bothered to read any of my threads recently you would have known I have not only been sober for near 90 days but have also weaned off of benzos, which most will agree is no small task. Just may be exacerbating an already tense situation.
Frankly I am a bit shocked you are allowed to go around telling people they are a "bummer" without a mod saying anything about it. If you can give me a valid defense regarding how this criticism is helpful, I'm all ears. Truly.
All ears.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:50 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Lenina I'm scared out of my mind. I wanted to move forward, I wanted to quit, clean up and get on with my life. But it looks like I don't get to do that. Probably whatever screwed my grey matter is responsible for the anxiety, LD, OCD, tic disorder and alcoholism. It's all the same defunct blob.

I agree with your grandfather too.
Old 10-01-2015, 12:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I have been of and on with the cleanse but now that weight loss is going on for no reason I am not really focused on it because I think I'll lose even more weight.
Old 10-01-2015, 01:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Sleepie, you are "awfulizing" and that is common. It's a loop of the mindset, I believe. Why are you convinced you're not going to live long enough to enjoy sobriety? The liver has amazing regenerative powers. It's the only major organ that does.

This is where writing a gratitude list helps. It will help your mind to look for the positive things in you life, which are far more plentiful than you realize, and it will help you focus less on the trivial. Your mind is in the habit of finding the worse and magnifying it.

I don't know that much about Tourette's but I do know the symptoms get worse with stress. So it's a vicious cycle. I think you feel bad about yourself mentally so maybe you're looking for something physical to be wrong?

I don't know. But do work on stress relief. Try some herbal tea. Stay off caffeine. Avoid sugar. Do gentle stretching, do some breathing exercises. And above all, quit planning horrible things. They will manifest given enough mental thought.

Love from Lenina