Notices

First Week... Health Worries

Old 09-30-2015, 09:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

First Week... Health Worries

I have not drank and I am still worried about myself because I have this uncomfortable feeling in my right side that has home away but sometimes comes back... Its like feels like a slight bulging effect.. I thought with abstinence the feeling would go away or get better... I'm worried about what is going on with my liver frankly and other than the weird feeling everything else seems to be fine... I also have been doing well with not obsessing about stuff... So I can keep a clear head but it is not always easy especially when I have down time on the weekend's now I have to prepare to move find a new apartment and still trying to cling to my job... If anyone has any experience that might help out with an explanation for this symptom I have I would love to hear any opinions... I also get tired sometimes after eating sometimes more than usual but it has improved as I continue with not drinking...
Old 09-30-2015, 09:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Would definitely encourage checking with a doctor,

I wish someone would have warned me when I quit, "oh yeah and you'll worry yourself down with all the health problems you THINK you have because you treated your body like a trash can with all that drinking"

I too have all these aches and pains in my abdomen that come and go, could be nothing, but only way youll stop worrying about it is to stop worrying about it and see a doc if you feel the need to.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Go see a doctor. They're the experts, not us.

A week in isn't that long to clear up all symptoms. Your body is highly resilient. However, it takes time, and there is no substitute for qualified, professional medical care.

It likely won't be as bad as you think.

Good work on your week. Keep at it.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

We can't offer medical advice here. Please, if you're worried, see your doctor.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Hi JM, that would be worrisome, you should definitely see your Doctor. I hope all works out with a new home. Glad you are here...much support & encouragment here.