Notices

One day of no cravings...

Old 09-26-2015, 04:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One day of no cravings...

Day 6 sober,

I made it through Friday, Cant believe it. Today was the first Day I didn't have any craving to run to the liquor store. I know the urges are still going to tempt me, BUT NOT TODAY. Now football starts today and tomorrow, I wont give that up even though I cant remember the last time I watched a Dallas Cowboys game without a beer in my hand...... my next test.

Dru -
Old 09-26-2015, 04:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there buddy. I'm in the same boat here in South Georgia. Today is day 3 sober for me. If I can make it through this weekend with no booze it will be an amazing feat for me. I started attending AA meetings and found a local group that meets on Friday, Saturday and Sunday evenings, which is beneficial to me as those were always prime drinking times for me.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job.
I’m from a period of time when we were told by the more experienced: You don’t have to drink even if you’re A$$ falls off! Turns out to be very factual I found out because alcohol never solved any problems but made things worse for the majority of us if we are alcoholics.

It was also suggested to not partake in any activity that is a trigger to drink until we are strong enough. If an activity is so important partake only with non drinking people. I hated suggestions like that but they kept me sober which is a top priority.

BE WELL
Old 09-26-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congrats keep up the good work
Old 09-26-2015, 06:31 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
zjw

As you remain sober through every trigger event you get stronger and it gets easier good job
Old 09-27-2015, 02:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dru1085 View Post
Day 6 sober,

I made it through Friday, Cant believe it. Today was the first Day I didn't have any craving to run to the liquor store. I know the urges are still going to tempt me, BUT NOT TODAY. Now football starts today and tomorrow, I wont give that up even though I cant remember the last time I watched a Dallas Cowboys game without a beer in my hand...... my next test.

Dru -
Hi Dru, I was the exact same way for years. This time of year was prime drinking time, and weekends could really reach another "gear" regarding the booze. Been watching football on Sundays sober for about two and half years now. You might think I'm crazy, but its just as fun if not more fun. And you know what....Monday mornings are awesome. (well, as awesome as Monday can be I guess).
Old 09-27-2015, 02:34 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

You're doing great Dru! Keep doing it