Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XIV: "Happy Birthday to Moo"

Notices

Diary of a Mad Cow, Part XIV: "Happy Birthday to Moo"

Old 09-26-2015, 11:48 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

I'm with Sleepie, Cow. Your info about vitamins, glasses diets, etc. are invaluable. I have learned a lot from you, and I hope you don't stop trying to help us ignoramuses! I for one, would really miss your sharing of knowledge.
I'm not exactly sure what Courage wants from you, but it seems to me you are doing the best you can right now.
We need to encourage and support one another; this is tough stuff Kiddies....
Old 09-26-2015, 12:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Am I the only one turned on right now?
Old 09-26-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
p***enger

I apologize.

I kind of hijacked this thread. I'm looking for some thoughtful and honest conversation on these forums about the mental and for want of a better word spiritual side of recovery, and because Cow, you're a very intelligent and verbal person, I looked for it here.

However, I recognize that was a me-thing, resulting from a loss of connection to these forums that's left a hole in my own recovery. It wasn't fair of me to try to ask you or this thread to fill it.

In my defense, I kind of wandered into the "ask", and, like all good enlightening experiences I've ever had on these forums, I discovered things about me and others in the process. For me, these engagements with other selves are where I've learned 99% of what I've learned in recovery.

So although I may have hurt some feelings here, I thank you all for the opportunity to learn about myself.

“If we shadows have offended,
Think but this, and all is mended,
That you have but slumbered here
While these visions did appear.
And this weak and idle theme,
No more yielding but a dream,
Gentles, do not reprehend:
If you pardon, we will mend:
And, as I am an honest Puck,
If we have unearned luck
Now to 'scape the serpent's tongue,
We will make amends ere long;
Else the Puck a liar call;
So, good night unto you all.
Give me your hands, if we be friends,
And Robin shall restore amends.”
Old 09-26-2015, 12:35 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Oh..oh..(raises hand excitedly) I am at work right now but I have some thoughts on that and I am a free thinker like you. Catch up with you later.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

We all learn and grow in different ways at different speeds, that's what is so interesting about posting and reading other views on things...
Courage, I certainly hope I was not out of line in mentioning you; if you feel I was, I apologize.
Peace
Old 09-26-2015, 01:09 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Originally Posted by courage2 View Post
I apologize.

I kind of hijacked this thread. I'm looking for some thoughtful and honest conversation on these forums about the mental and for want of a better word spiritual side of recovery, and because Cow, you're a very intelligent and verbal person, I looked for it here.

However, I recognize that was a me-thing, resulting from a loss of connection to these forums that's left a hole in my own recovery. It wasn't fair of me to try to ask you or this thread to fill it.

In my defense, I kind of wandered into the "ask", and, like all good enlightening experiences I've ever had on these forums, I discovered things about me and others in the process. For me, these engagements with other selves are where I've learned 99% of what I've learned in recovery.

So although I may have hurt some feelings here, I thank you all for the opportunity to learn about myself.
I have played Helena in A Mid on stage and loved every morsel of her very spirited and absurdly shattered soul.

I wish I understood what you were needin C dog, but my little brain can't make sense of it for some reason.

I like us.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

WTH I went to a craft fair and y'all went crazier.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:20 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

lol Della did you bring anything back with you?
I went out to a pie shop with my militant AA friend. we got him birthday pie, he enjoyed it. He has health issues, I feel bad. He is funny, he's a good guy I get a kick out of him.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Yeah, well, the moon goes full tomorrow, everybody is a little crazier than usual.

Love from Lenina
Old 09-26-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

We are going to drive out and try and get a good look at it Lenina
Old 09-26-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

It's true we're all persona-ed up to varying extents. It's inevitable as soon as we put words on the page, but I have really appreciated your gut-wrenching honesty, Cow.

Courage, I really hope you stick around. I love your posts. And even if Cow is going to conduct the worthy experiment of being freaking positive for a thread, we can still go to Negville, or should I say Honestyville...

My drinking caused me to be a persona non grata with a few folk. For a couple of years the regret was so deep it was excruciating. I was even told by someone who was angry with me that I had a "reputation out there" among my colleagues. The stupid thing was that one of the reasons I drank was out of a fear of rejection. You know the old cliche about cliches...it's a cliche because it's true. I needed to learn to love myself. Still a work in progress. It's definitely an important component of my sobriety, assuming I do achieve it.

Dropsie - confession - I didn't get my shite done yesterday. Determined to do it today. How are you going?
Old 09-26-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Cow is rapidly becoming my favorite bovine...(I live in WI and know quite a few!)...I hope she returns soon. I don't want to join "Spacebook" (as my elderly mom refers to it- combo of "Myspace" and Facebook) in order to see what she's up to.

Lenina, I can't wait until tomorrow night to check out the moon...problem is, I live in a sort of large town, so the light pollution might affect things.

Della, I cracked up when I saw your location. The "Maharelle" sisters of SNL fame are from the fingerlakes!
Old 09-26-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Formerly Ringthedoorbell

You know, maybe there is something to that full moon stuff; I feel sort of electrified!
Oh wait, on second thought maybe it's this thread....
Della, got a kick out of your post! LOL! It doesn't take long for things to get exciting around here! ;-)
Old 09-26-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I got a kick out of that post too :-D

There's no doubt in my mind the full moon affects us....I always find it much more difficult to sleep, as do a lot of other people. Ask anyone who has worked in a mental health ward and they will tell you the full moon has an effect on us. It affects the tides, and we're (whatever) percent water....so makes sense.
Old 09-26-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Originally Posted by Cow View Post
Not watch SNL in VERY long time. Got too disappointing, like Southpark. Although season premier of Southpark kind of funny, but then second episode, ay yi yi!

Sleepies, odds of you existing at all are infinitesimal, so might as well eat (gluten free, low sugar) cake.
I just saw the 2nd episode. I enjoyed it very much. I do have maple fever though and watched it with a Canadian. Did you see all the Cow posters in the school?

My mom was raised Catholic too.....hmmmmm
Old 09-26-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Full moon totally affects me. When I was drinking I could always count on a binge during one. Glad to be drinking my tea tonight!
Old 09-26-2015, 05:22 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

What just happened? Sometimes I love being oblivious. I've just been riding on the surface today. Mostly, because my husband is extremely drunk and I tend to dodge the negative bullets he sends my way. I'm on the positive trail today too. Only because it serves my own purpose to survive his bender. Despite what he chose to do, I had a good day on my own. Long drive to the mountains, shopping, lunch and now going for a walk. Then, I guess I will figure out dinner for both of us and later put on headphones and lose myself on a subpart Netflix movie. Why doesn't Netflix have any good movies? Or maybe I've just seen all the good ones. Any suggestions.

Snarkbunny. Hate to see you go.

Puffy.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Hi puffy
What genre of film do you like?
Old 09-26-2015, 05:27 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Haven't watched Netflix in awhile either... resorted to Law & Order SVU, older ones though- googled a few of the better episodes so I am now watching one with Robin Williams... watched one with Fred Savage and another with Michael Pitt.
No spoilers please! lol
Old 09-26-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Puffy, I really loved "the Milagro Beanfield Wars". "The Namesake". "Chef".

Give them a look. A truly weird, bizarre movie. "Memento".

Love from Lenina