Notices

The battle continues

Old 09-24-2015, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

The battle continues

I am just getting hit with so much bad news lately. I'm sober a little over a year and my mind just can't clear up with so much stress and anxiety. I have trouble making decisions and taking care of what needs to be done to resolve some big situations in my life right now.

I want to isolate, I think about drinking and worse but I have to hold on. I am very depressed and introverted but I must keep going to meetings. I don't have a large support network but I utilize what I have. AA meetings, sponsor, therapist, a few friends in the program.

I know what has to be done, it is so hard sometimes and I think about giving up. But not today, right? We all have problems in life. Just need a little encouragement. Thanks.
Old 09-24-2015, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you have a great support network. You will be fine. One thing at a time. When I feel overwhelmed I give myself a day off. Disconnect from the world. I stay in my pajamas all day, eat bad food, watch lousy tv or read. And I do that for a whole day. I usually feel better after that
Old 09-24-2015, 08:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Coming here to share is a great idea truckinon. Bad days are part of life...try and remember that it will pass. One thing that helps me is to break down the issues into my life into smaller pieces and just deal with the ones that can. Much of the "stress" that we feel is related to events/people/situations that are completely beyond our control, so it's not really worth worrying about either.
Old 09-24-2015, 08:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hang in there bud.

Is there a way you can break down some of your big decisions into a series of smaller ones?
Old 09-24-2015, 09:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello Truckinon

I definitely want to encourage you to continue in your Sobriety!!!

Have you THOROUGHLY worked the 12 Steps with your Sponsor?

If not, I HIGHLY encourage you to find a Sponsor that has worked the steps and WORKS them daily in his program, and that is willing to WORK thru the steps with you.

If you have worked the steps, I HIGHLY encourage you to do some exhaustive research on working the Daily Steps (10,11,12) on a Daily basis. Internet web searches can uncover some great insights. (But you definitely need to weed thru what you find)

Some suggestions that have worked, and continue to work for me:

+ Do Internet web searches for Recovery Speaker Messages and listen to as many as you find, and often.

+ Find and attend Big Book Meetings and 12 & 12 Meetings and attend them regularly.

+ Try this guided meditation link:
Stories of Recovery
Click 'Juanita U - A Guided Meditation from Steps 10 & 11

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... but it definitely was not always so ... and I KNOW U can B ... Happy, Joyous and FREE
Old 09-24-2015, 11:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
zjw

Try to stay in the present. listening to zen music can help calm my anxiety at times.

reading the power of now and a few other books along those lines really helped me wrestly myself from my thoughts and worries etc..