Notices

Life...fun without alcohol?

Old 01-03-2011, 10:48 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

haha its a timeless concern. I hope the OP got better. I have much more fun than I had while active in my addiction... It takes a lot of work, but its worth it a hundred times over

Clayton
Old 01-05-2011, 07:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
High on Life

Originally Posted by jenjram View Post
I wish I could quit the day to day drinking and I don't want it to get worse, which I feel it will if I don't quit, but my vacations, family occasions (Christmas, etc), parties (from time to time) are MORE fun with drinking. They are defined by drinking. The only time I have been able to abstain (for nine months) was when I was pregnant with my son, and when I was pregnant, I
I agree with you parties were more fun when I was drinking, in fact they were a hell of a lot of fun, but towards the end they weren't fun at all, they were miserable, because I kept the party going for several days after the party.

For me I have realized that part of my life is over as a drinker, but it doesn't mean I can't go out and have a good time. I still go out, I still have an awesome time, and I still can be wild and crazy, because that person that alcohol and drugs brought out lives inside of me.

It's all about how you look at the situation you're in and whether you can find comfort and satisfaction. At first, it may be hard to find that comfort and ease that drinking gives you, but as time goes on and as you change your mind set, you will realize that having a good time doesn't have to involve alcohol or drugs.

There are huge benefits too, besides for it being healthier, you don't have to worry about drinking and driving, you can remember everything you did the night before, and how good of a time all depends upon you. It has nothing to do with how much you drink or what drug you take.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:06 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Re:Life...fun without alcohol?

Your right...Life is fun without alcohol...Thank God.

Keep coming back.

~God bless~