Notices

Anxiety from Waiting

Old 09-16-2015, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety from Waiting

I went to the Doctor last week and they wanted to test my magnesium levels so I had some blood drawn. They said if they're low then they will prescribe a supplement to help etc.

Anyway I got a call yesterday saying that they want me to come back in and do some more testing because my phosphorus levels in my blood were elevated. So I left work early and went in and had some tests done. Anyway the nurse that called said, make an appointment in two weeks to discuss the results as it will take some time to get them back.

My anxiety level is at a heightened level to begin with, nows its SKY HIGH!! I can't stop obsessing over what the results will be. I don't know what to do!

The AV is screaming at me too, but I know thats common especially with the mental state I'm in.

I have to wait 9 days and I know I will survive that long but I hate not knowing, its eating me alive!
Old 09-16-2015, 11:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Locate a copy of How to Stop Worrying and Start Living by Dale Carnegie. Working your self up over a test you have to wait nine days for is a waste of energy.
Old 09-16-2015, 11:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I wouldn't get too anxious over mag and phos levels being off. It's usually not a critical thing.
Old 09-16-2015, 01:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Drinking won't change anything, including the amount of time you will be waiting for the test results. If it were critical, you wouldn't be waiting 9 days. Think of something else. Distract yourself.

Like Carl said, it's a waste of energy to worry. I've done it myself before, but really, let it go.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Nurse called, said my phosphorus levels are normal. The normal range is 2.4-4.7 or something like that, anyway my level was 4.7 when they checked it and now its 3.2. So I feel worn out for worrying like that.

They are still waiting on my thyroid test, although that came out normal back in July. Still I guess they are being cautious!

I feel sore from tensing up so much and a little silly for worrying about this all through the night, still though, this anxiety is too much sometimes!
Old 09-16-2015, 03:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Breathing exercises really helps as done walking & meditation

3 Anxiety Breathing Techniques You Can Practice Anywhere - Self help for anxiety - @AnxietySlayer
Old 09-16-2015, 10:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad your levels are normal Holds! Stay sober and keep them that way ok?
Old 09-16-2015, 10:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Don't worry. My bloodwork showed my alcoholism but it healed with TOTAL abstinence.