Notices

Ive had it with doctors

Old 09-12-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ive had it with doctors

I tried to schedule all my rehab stuff and follow ups...no insurance. After being redirected all over the place it comes down to this...I can have rehab with a lot of money up front. Like over 500 bucks. I'm jobless at this point in time. So I got a ride to a meeting and phoned a friend. She is a massage therapist and reiki healer. I am a level 1 reiki healer but I honestly thought I got ripped off. I just didn't believe it worked. She is a master and uses it daily. I was desparate. After an hour and a half session yesterday, I immediately was relieved of the pressure in the back of my head. I am only a little dizzy. Two hours later I'm talking normal and dancing with my daughter. I drove a short distance today. I can't believe it. I am at 90%!!!!!! When I became reiki certified is when I relized I had a drinking problem. 6 months later I got sober. There may be something to this reiki after all!!! Feeling great!

Jennifer
Old 09-12-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Guess I can't delete a post…was confused but read the earlier post. Holistic therapies are great. I woke up one morning with a weird tingly numbness in my left hand. Acupuncture and a brutal massage made short work of it.
Old 09-12-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you found something that helps Jen

D
Old 09-12-2015, 07:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am truly shocked at the improvement. Dr said I have to learn how to live with the dizziness. Bah!!! I feel a huge change coming in my life and it is going to be helpful to others. It's a huge change. I just have to live in the present, continue working on my sobriety, and LISTEN.

Jennifer
Old 09-12-2015, 10:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better!
I knew a jazz musician who did reiki years ago and he did my knee for me.
Old 09-12-2015, 10:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad the Reiki did the trick, Jennifer. I respect traditional medicines and therapies myself, and I've seen it work for many. Of course, I still go to MD's too, but I think it's great to have the choice, especially when it's so much more affordable!

It's good to see that you're back after your stroke scare. Be well !

Delfin
Old 09-13-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
Glad the Reiki did the trick, Jennifer. I respect traditional medicines and therapies myself, and I've seen it work for many. Of course, I still go to MD's too, but I think it's great to have the choice, especially when it's so much more affordable! It's good to see that you're back after your stroke scare. Be well ! Delfin
Agreed!!! This cost me 10 bucks and a stone compared to the 500 bucks the therapist wants.

Jennifer
Old 09-13-2015, 05:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Glad you are feeling better.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am so glad that you found something that worked, Jen, and that you are feeling better.