Notices

Feel like crying

Old 09-09-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey, I read a lot of great advice here. You know, when I came here I knew alcohol was a problem, but I was not sure I was an alcoholic. I was not like THEM! LOL As time went by I realized we are all different, yet all the same. Alcohol is a problem to us. I could not imagine quitting forever, so I just quit one day at a time. I told myself that if I wanted to drink after a year, I would. Well, guess what. Life is so much better without alcohol, that after a year I did not even have a thought that I might like a drink. SR is my support group, and they have been here for me every day, 24 hours a day. If you want a better life, put down the drink, give the sober life a chance to show you what life can be. Everyone I know drinks, and they all know I don't. It has never been a problem. My husband drinks every day. That is him, not me. Anyway, welcome, and I am glad you are here. Today could be your day one. We all start with day one and if we continue, we walk on to a better life. One day at a time, you can do this.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for your support and advice. I think I'm going to check out an AA meeting soon. I started reading the big book and an awful lot resonates with me. I'll let you know how it goes.