Notices

Losing it

Old 09-08-2015, 03:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sleepie View Post
This is a good thread Holds I'm glad we are in it together I think you are just behind me on sober date right?
Yes, I am a week behind you I think,

Most difficult thing I've ever done in my life, so far....
Old 09-08-2015, 03:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

Keep at it Holds your going to do this your doing it & doing well

Got lots of faith in your recovery bud
Old 09-08-2015, 04:03 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
zjw

Originally Posted by Holds1325 View Post
Yes, I am a week behind you I think,

Most difficult thing I've ever done in my life, so far....
yeah hardest thing i ever did was get sober. but its enabled me to tackle so many other things in life and really changing that one thing helped change so many other things.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It is going to get easier. Time is your friend on this. Continued sobriety means continued healing - both physically and emotionally/spiritually. It isn't easy, but we're doing it.

The first few months - I'd say the first six months - were pretty hard for me. Most days I had a lot of anxiety, had to come here to cope, needed to cut way back on caffeine and if I didn't get some form of exercise every day I wasn't able to settle down during the day or sleep through the night. The anxiety was annoyingly bad. Spinny brain, over-thinking, classic alcohol damage. I had lots to think about in early sobriety. I went to AA meetings for the first three or four months, every day. That was both good and bad, but it did give me a reason to take a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, get out of the house, out of my own head, and around other people in a mostly safe environment. That was really important. There is a lot of shared wisdom at AA meetings if you can, "leave the rest." I'm really glad I did that and I did get a lot out of it.

The rest is time and self-care. Eating and sleeping enough. Cutting back on sugar and caffeine. Reading recovery books. Going to the doctor. Exercise. Meditation. Spending time outdoors. Staying away from toxic people. Trying my best to be a good, honest person and not hurting anyone. Helping others. All these things add up and begin to bring a deep sense of calm and peace.

Hang in there. It's going to get a lot better - just stick with it.
Old 09-08-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

The weather is nice so I'm going for a walk in the park instead of going to the mini mart for some brew. I like all the feedback bc I'm glad to know there are real people who know what I'm dealing with. Thanks holds for this post.
Old 09-08-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks holds, Im out on a walk just want to stay out and busy so I don't buy any beer later. Good thing this is a big park!
Old 09-08-2015, 05:55 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Instead of buying a tall cold one I bought the app for this site, much much easier to find my posts! What is everyone doing tonight to stay sober?!
Old 09-08-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
zjw

Thanks shimmer I had no idea there was an app now I'm out 99 cents lol
Old 09-08-2015, 07:40 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

That's a good one, I just got back, I got a call from my older brother earlier out of the blue, I told him I am trying to stay sober tonight and he agrees that would be good for me and I'm about to call it a night for work tomorrow, I feel extra sleepy in a good way.
Old 09-08-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good job staying sober shimmer!
Old 09-09-2015, 08:35 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thank holds, I did it! I woke up feeling amazing and clocked into work feeling incredible! Today is day 2!
Old 09-09-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Off work and I don't know how to stop the desires to go buy some beer! I use to always watch my dvd collection of the Series Friends, but I've noticed that I only like to drink when I've already watched every episode a million times! I think that I took to much can of a likening to Rachel as all my friends use to say I resembled her , lmfao right?, anyways I'm done with cigarettes today because I've read an article how drinking and cigarettes or other drugs go hand in hand....I haven't used illegal drugs in a few months which was mostly Molly which I don't know why I got into that! But if I can feel this good sober today and I can only imagine what tomorrow will be like! I wish I had friends around here to hang out with or at least call me. Good luck to me!