Notices

Out of ideas.

Old 09-04-2015, 05:58 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Sleepie, I'm not afraid I just don't want to say the wrong thing and upset you. People here care about you Sleepie, including myself. Girl turn that frown upside down
Old 09-04-2015, 06:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I see a lot of beauty in you sleepie

What you are inside: a person of compassion, sensitivity, and kindness
is the essential form of beauty that lasts a lifetime and beyond.
Old 09-04-2015, 06:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

xxxxx
Old 09-04-2015, 06:32 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

Yeah yeah, everybody beautiful in they own way, beauty on the inside, smile though you heart is breaking, it get better, we shall overcome, sun will come out tomorrow, always darkest before the dawn, it may be rainin' but they a rainbow above you, etc., etc.

Okay, now, what we gonna do, Sleepies? What is one thing we maybe do? Is there something you know help but you not doing it? C'mon now, be honest.
Old 09-04-2015, 07:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Who said they were the smart kid with frizzy hair?
I was the ld (though I didn't know it then) kid with frizzy hair and dumpy no matter I swam miles and ran miles. And braces into Senior year.

I dunno cow... I could lose weight and look better, then I'd feel better. However the only thing is I almost have to be at an unhealthy weight to look ok. I'm in a healthy weight rage atm but I'm one of those people who goes one pound over the ideal weight and it looks like I gained 10 not one. I have extremely short legs and wide hips and not too gifted up top.
Sounds shallow but it's true. Now I know all the women here unless they happen to have been born perfect can relate.
Also have pms tomorrow the red storm is coming so that is probably making anxiety worse, I even read here a few fellow female members get an increased urge to drink at that time.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:06 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Cow
Woe is Moo.

I going through menopause Sleepies, and it a beyotch. Crazymaking temperature fluxuations and plus also I gain 25 pound without change anything, so not can fit in clothes and looking all fatty. So, I wish to lose that weight too. Also I has pectus, which mean my rib cage curl in and make me look for most part boobless. I has been to plastic surgeons several time when younger and listen to them say how they could "correct" this boob defect and how great I gonna look after implant, cuz girls with pectus have illusion of having lot of cleavage (when really is just that our sternum is caved in on our heart and lungs.) Woo hoo! I has to add how humiliating it feel to be "evaluated" in this way, even though I go there voluntarily.

I never get implants, cuz, I knew it not for me, it for other people. When I ask self, Cow, if you was on deserted island, would you get this surgery? No, of course not. So, what would I change if I on deserted island? Hmmm.
Old 09-04-2015, 08:10 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

When pms hits, all bets are off. I'm fat, ugly and washed up looking. Life just sucks.
As far as beauty, I can see beauty in anybody. The only ones i can't are those who are ugly INSIDE. I really doubt you're one of those people!

I really hope you feel better soon!
Old 09-04-2015, 08:16 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I like to liken pms/peri-menopause to being in a plane that's gone into a nose dive.

I agree with your take on beauty, Peanut. The difficult part is accepting our own 'flaws'. For some of us, anyway.
Old 09-05-2015, 01:23 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Wow, cow... I am impressed you didn't go for the surgery. I looked up the pectus. What won't they think of next... I am not looking forward to menopause, when I was younger I thought it was this great time of growing and transformation that only females get to have and that it was made into this fearful event to dread by our toxic patriarchal society and the medical community. That was before I became a drunk though and before I was in my 40's. Such silly ideas.
Thanks peanut and Tooshabby!
Old 09-05-2015, 01:34 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

We actually had a journalist publish an article recently in our most widely read newspaper in which he posited that there was no such thing as menopause; that it's all in women's heads. Yup. That's right. The hot flashes.....everything. He thought it was a cultural 'invention' of sorts and that it was probably associated with women's fear of aging. This guy published under his real name. Craaaaaaaazzzzzyy.
Old 09-06-2015, 04:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi.

In my experience it’s far more important what a person is inside as compared to the public showing which seems to be so important in our so valueless society.

Perhaps you can stand strong and accept you for what you are and s..ew so many valueless actions and opinions.

BE STRONG AND WELL
Old 09-06-2015, 05:00 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

“Beauty is an enormous, unmerited gift given randomly, stupidly.”
Khaled Hosseini

That's a quote I read in a book years ago that really resonated with me.

I think most women feel bad about their appearances, there is so much importance put on it and so much pressure to be perfect. Almost no one can live up to the unreasonable expectations. Ask a woman what she doesn't like about herself and she could give you a list as long as a child's xmas wish list! Try not to beat yourself up, focus on the things you like. And be proud of all you have accomplished. xx
Old 09-06-2015, 05:44 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
zjw

kinda a sappy song but I like the point it makes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi3bc9lS3rg
Old 09-06-2015, 05:54 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
zjw

whats the other saying.

THe people that mind dont matter and the people who matter dont mind.

Something to that affect.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hello! I am new to this site and I saw your post. First, I know the post is a few days old but I hope you are feeling better. I have many days like yours. I am a 5'1" man so the world is not too kind to short males either. It's a very lonely life. It's one of the reasons I get depressed and drink. Today was the day I decided to stop drinking. It was a very hard decision because I enjoy the feeling but dislike the after affects - such as increased anxiety and depression, dehydration, and fatigue.

Anyway, I just wanted you to know there are plenty of people out there who feel the same way as you. The world is a rough place but there is a lot of good in it too. Keep your head up!!
Old 09-07-2015, 04:41 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

What a lovely post! Welcome to SR :-D

And for the record, I have been crazy in love with my short man for 18 years. Wouldn't have him any other way :-) Sexiest man in the world.
Old 09-07-2015, 04:48 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I am married to a man shorter than myself as well. Crazy in love with him

As far as appearance and feeling ugly, you know humans have it wrong most other animals it is the male who must be beautiful. I say let men worry about their looks for a change
Old 09-07-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

God, the long weekends make me feel the ugliest. Everyone posting their facebook pics with the people in their lives. My life is comparatively parched. I'd venture to say that few here can probably relate to my kind of solitude. Acres and acres and years and years of being alone. At least when I do mention it, people who aren't going through it reply with theraputic Horatio Alger BS about how it's all in my head, etc.

This is my experience though. A kind of unacknowledged repulsiveness. I can't remember the last time I was invited to a party. Years ago? Was I even invited, or didn't I just tag along with one of my narcissistic party going buddies who appreciated me as a kind of weirdo foil?

Even if I'm in fact not ugly, as I assume I am, then I'm way above average at being bad at forming connections, and it's not something I can just tisk away. Loneliness is an unknown, unmentionable, taboo experience. Being short, fat, ugly, crippled, incomprehensible, different. It's unmentionable. This is the basic truism of humanity: that the farther away you go from the pinhead middle, the more scorned you are. The middle of the bell curve ends in a needle point and that is society's collective brain.

It's a heck of a lot more interesting that beauty though. I'm so sick of beautiful women and their stupid, ooooh, I'm so overwhelmed by affection, outlook, beautiful men and their pig eyed self deluding belief that they have actually accomplished something by being born a certain way. They can all shove it. I'm living on the ugly side.
Old 09-08-2015, 11:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I am a misfit too. And all my friends have always been misfits. I have never chosen people based on how they look, and I thank God for giving me that discernment.

I am certain you have a beautiful heart.