Notices

test

Old 09-01-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

First off, congrats and hugs on 8 weeks!

I hope you can find some peace and a schedule that suits you.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:48 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank you least I would not have gotten this far without my SR friends.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
under new management

Hi sleepie, I was assuming that it is diabetes 2 that you are talking about? (Correct me if I am wrong!) It is my understanding that type 2 can be controlled and possibly reversed by lifestyle changes. I hope I am not breaking the "no medical advice" rule by saying that. I just did a quick google, asked if Type 2 Diabetes can be reversed.

that is a sugar free hug for you!
Old 09-01-2015, 03:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I was assuming so 2ndhandrose. There's so much online that's confusing, some people say they have type one and got it in adulthood.

The general thinking seems to be that all one can hope for is to put it in remission and never stray from the diet- but that true reversal doesn't exist.

back to you! Hope you are well
Old 09-01-2015, 04:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Been 15 years now, only thing is he gets sick easy but then again so did I when I drank. My brother has not lost weight at all either. He drank since highschool too.

Honestly I think the biggest thing for you is the quitting alcohol bit, that will take you very far.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
zjw

I'm of the mindset that if I do my part keep a good diet exercise and stay sober whatever will be will be no one can say i didnt do my part. and yeah everything i've read says that so long as you keep a good diet stay slim and exercise you can drasticly lower your chances for diabetes and ions of other ilnesses. I figure i got good chances of being ok now.

But yeah my prior history of bad behaiovior ESPECIALLY the smoking could come back and haunt me one day. I might end up with lung cancer becuase of my prior sins. I'm not worrying about it today. because today I dont have it so I'm not going to live my life as if i might or what if. I dont want to feel that way.

If i do end up with it one day maybe i'll light up a cigarette again that day ! thats so bad i guess. Who knows.

I have not had a cigarette in almost 4 years. Maybe after 10 years i'm out of the woods? i dunno they say your chances of lung cancer go down the longer your quit so I got my fingers crossed.
Old 09-01-2015, 04:45 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
zjw

at least you care and are concerned about it too tho sleepie my brother got it and he still hasnt done squat to fix his diet and doesnt exercise. he's sadly on medications that led to this too so he has that going against him too. But he knows better and seems like he doesnt care. rate he's going he's going to be in big trouble!
Old 09-01-2015, 04:50 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Wow Holds...

zjw You eat so many anti oxidants I bet you will be fine.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Im surprised too lol

Hey at least ur focused on it though, could cause you to get alot better and never get it or delay it for a long time who knows?
Old 09-01-2015, 05:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
under new management

I am doing pretty good, sleepie, thanks for asking!

I know what you mean about there being so much stuff to wade through online. I have spent countless hours looking for answers to my food intolerance issues, have found few answers for myself but there were some good nuggets here and there. It can be time consuming, that is for sure!

Last edited by 2ndhandrose; 09-01-2015 at 05:49 PM. Reason: I wasn't finished!