Notices

Just need to get it out

Old 08-26-2015, 04:51 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just need to get it out

I'm in an awful state. Drinking, with no end in sight. Started again in the middle of the night. Waiting for the store to open. Haven't gone to work in days. Husband wants me at the doctor today, don't know. In a side relationship at work, huge conflicts. Rehab? How do I even explain that? I don't know how to get past these withdrawals without help. 25 years of this is wearing on me.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Why not see the Dr today? it could be your way out of this madness JayEl?

D
Old 08-26-2015, 05:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I could see peace instead of this

You've found a good place to start, if you want help.

The end really can be in sight for you. How bad do you want this to stop? How bad do you want a whole new life that isn't filled with hangovers and conflict and suffering?

Rehab is the best thing I ever did for myself. When someone told me I'd be able to look people in the eye again, I knew I wanted that more than anything; I was ready to change. Go see your doctor and open up. Don't worry about the future and don't think about it too much. Just do what you need to do today to change direction.

Read and post here often, you'll get support.
Old 08-26-2015, 05:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello JayEl,

I drank for 40 years. Self-Will-Run-Riot.

How do I even Explain to others?
It is VERY LIKELY you are the only person that needs the 'explanation'?

Have you read the book, Alcoholics Anonymous? It explains the Self-Will-Run-Riot that I so desperately thought was 'ME'. Have you done the WORK of the 12 Steps? I went thru rehab, which I needed, but then I continued drinking ... and I KNOW the condition the book describes as Pitiful & Incomprehensible Demoralization.

Read the Book, Work the Steps - that is what brought about the Miracle of a renewed life in me. Also, do a Web Search for Recovery Speaker Messages - there is a lot of info from people that have been thru it all, and their stories of what made the change of renewal in them.

RDBplus3 ... Now Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW U can B 2
Old 08-26-2015, 05:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Pitiful. That describes me to a T. I've been to rehab, a few years ago. It was uncontrolled. More sharing about how to use and young people doing it to get 'out' of a situation than people wanting help. I stayed dry for a while but have never embraced sobriety. I don't want to be sober. I don't want to face all this crap. I need to, but I don't know where to go, what to do, who to tell. How do I change this thinking?
Old 08-26-2015, 05:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I thought a lot of stuff when I was drinking.
99.99% of it was total BS.

Give yourself the gift of some sobriety JayEl - find out who the real you is and what she wants.

D
Old 08-26-2015, 05:38 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

^^^^^^
Old 08-26-2015, 06:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Appointment this afternoon. DH will go with me. Wish me luck.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I changed my thinking by changing my thinking. I listened to others in AA. I watched my alcoholic friends lives collapse as mine was unraveling right in front of me.
My feeling was, I am young, who has the right to tell me what to do even as alcohol took more and more away from me. I didn't care. It was like I was born to drink and destined to die by it.

Jump forward some twenty years, and alcohol had taken over my life. I was addicted and alcoholic and a good one, too. The fun had long since stopped. I was out of control.
My life became a nightmare. I tried to think my way out of it a hundred times, laying in bed the days after a week long binge. Where did it get me? Drunk again.
I finally realized I could not do it alone. I reached out for help and prayed.
A miracle happened I found others who understood. I found a power greater than myself. I found this place.

I was a bad alcoholic. You wouldn't have wanted to know me. I was a mean drunk and went looking for trouble. Usually found it, too.

I finally gave in. I was beat The people in those rooms and on this board were right. They helped change my thinking. I could not do it alone.

As of three days ago, I have four years eight months sober.
My thinking kept me drunk. Other people, who knew where I was coming from, got me sober.
That's just my long winded story. How I was, what happened and how I am now.
You can do it, too. I know you can. I speak not just from my opinion, but also from watching others get sober.
Let others help you change your thinking. In AA, here, or another method.
They're out there, they're here. To help.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by JayEl View Post
Be honest about your drinking...and about the despair its bringing you. If you really want to turn this around, you can.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
zjw

I didnt wanna be sober like ever. I HATED being sober. even when i got sober I wanted to not be sober. What changed?

I dunno the more I stayed sober and the more i accepted that this isjust the way that its going to be get used to it then at some point a fundamental shift happened. Things went the other way and I wanted to be sober it was no longer this dreaded thing. Yeah I still have my moments where I'm like UGG a drink would be good right about now! but my general feeling over all is that I want to be sober. those desires to drink are just fleeting moments not a way of life.
Old 08-26-2015, 06:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Best of luck, please do be very honest about it all. Print out this thread and take it with you if you have difficulty telling the story verbally, or write it down.

Drinking does not "give" you anything - it only takes things away. Be thankful that you still have a husband who cares for you and the ability to seek medical help/rehab. Those things will be taken away at some point too if you continue down the current path.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi.

I’ll parrot and emphasize the importance of being honest about your drinking. After that it might be easier to accept the fact, you like so many others cannot drink in safety.

BE WELL
Old 08-26-2015, 09:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
mpr

Don't go to the store today. See the doc if you can otherwise go tomorrow. Just don't drink. Collect yourself once you sober up and start from there.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Jayel, I think you've done the right thing- good luck!
It's a good thing you have a supportive husband, I am not married but dated enablers and I wish badly they'd have done for me what he's doing for you- please take advantage of it.
Old 08-26-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Back from dr. And took in quick aa meeting. Lots of blood drawn. On Ativan and some carbamazepine for seizures. husbands in charge of both.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:23 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Back from dr. And took in quick aa meeting. Lots of blood drawn. On Ativan and some carbamazepine for seizures. husbands in charge of both.
Sounds like a successful afternoon, really glad to hear you went in for help.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:27 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

You took your first step and a very important one. It's good your husband is holding and dispensing the meds and they will help you thru withdrawals.

Be proud of yourself. You're doing the right thing!
Old 08-27-2015, 01:58 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Another sober day, another meeting. Still here.
Old 08-27-2015, 04:06 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Do your best